1) Make system boot disk w/o config.sys and autoexec.bat
2) Copy aflash.exe and latest 1006 bios file to this disk
3) Boot the computer from this disk
4) Run aflash and copy existing 1004 bios to disk as "oldbios"
5) Run aflash again and flash the bios with the new version 1006 found on the the disk
6) Restart computer and reset bios defaults.
7) Restart and check/optimize bios settings
8) That's it.
Shite! This process does not work!
First of all, ive got win me, and the "format a:/s" command does not work anymore! Can i use the windows "boot disk maker" instead? If so, how?
Second, aflash wont run and reports: "unable to locate system bios' hook" or something.
Please help. Thanks in advance.
"Try as they might, the cow would not move, nor shut up. Moo."