networking issue w/ MN-100

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I have two computers that are networked with the MN-100
base station. The workgroup is setup on both computers w/
the same name and both computers have full file and printer
sharing activated w/in the network; however, while one
computer can read any file or printer on the 2nd computer,
this 2nd computer cannot read anything on the first
computer - files or printers.

Moreover, when I am in the broadband network utility, I can
see the second computer listed on computer one, but when I
am in the utility on computer two, I see a hardrive icon,
but no info. When I click on it, it says "the device you
selected does not provide any information. Please select
another device." There are no other devices and this
should be computer number one.

Both computers use XP Home and simple filing sharing, which
are both in running order. Does anyone know why this is
happening?

joker

Do you have a software firewall other then the Windows XP firewall enabled?

steve wrote:

> I have two computers that are networked with the MN-100
> base station. The workgroup is setup on both computers w/
> the same name and both computers have full file and printer
> sharing activated w/in the network; however, while one
> computer can read any file or printer on the 2nd computer,
> this 2nd computer cannot read anything on the first
> computer - files or printers.
>
> Moreover, when I am in the broadband network utility, I can
> see the second computer listed on computer one, but when I
> am in the utility on computer two, I see a hardrive icon,
> but no info. When I click on it, it says "the device you
> selected does not provide any information. Please select
> another device." There are no other devices and this
> should be computer number one.
>
> Both computers use XP Home and simple filing sharing, which
> are both in running order. Does anyone know why this is
> happening?

assistance.

time.