My clip tab suddenly broke off when I was running my 800Mhz tbird with Arctic Silver2 and FOP38, so I quickly runed the power off, but I there was smell....like something fried..I though it's all over, time for the new CPU, but it worked fine after that, there was no smake and the die color was the same. Did I burn the CPU a bit? or did just overheat?
also did that accident lessed the overclockabilty of my CPU?
Could that be the Arctic Silver2 burned? When I turned the CPU back on the temp was only 37 degrees Cesius.
That burning smell is most likely just caked of residue from the thermal pad (or in your case Thermal Compound) that was applied to the CPU, surpringly you didnt fry your CPU, so be happy......
In response to the life expectencesy now, no one can really tell you....damage overclockabilty ?? I seriously doubt that.........damage it partially.....well thats doubtfull considerign you said it still worx, any sort of anomilly or sign of damage to the processor would have come up right away....
My <font color=red> Z28 </font color=red> can take your <font color=blue> P4 </font color=blue> off the line!
It may not have burned- the new computers we got in the school some of them really smeel like they are burining, but they aren't. Plastics can smell when they get overheated, but are still ok. Check teh arctic silver, and if that's fine then u probably are ok.
When I rule the world, Apple will only mean the fruit.