What is rac task windows 7

G

Hello, Every morning, after computer has been idle for some time, it will not work for 5-20 minutes. I found that a program called "RAC Task" was running just before the computer started up again. Can this program be disabled or rescheduled to a better time?

It's not a Windows 7 program.

Are you running some type of Remote Access program?
In Task Manager highlight RAC TASK, right mouse click and choose "Go To Process".
You'll find the name of the program that is running and you can right click, choose Open File Location. Hopefully, you'll recognize the program folder.

Can this program be disabled or rescheduled to a better time? Run the program and look for options.

kmadjesclee

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
well be sure because i leased a computer from rent-a-center and there a lot of files with RAC rent a center.
so i am looking also because i believe it is tracking my location and actions.
patrick kmadjescleve@hotmail.com

NateTheGreatDog

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
Rac task was causing my pc to restart after an hour of use because of conflicts with my graphics drivers (ATI) so i disabled it in the task scheduler.
maybe this will solve your freezing problems...
hope i helped^_^

Silence Carrera

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013

Put a new hard drive in it. Well, don't. But it would solve the problem...

zrider

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
As was said, this is the Microsoft Reliability Analysis Component task. It is installed by default. A clean install of course will not fix any issues with it. :)

You can Disable it in Scheduled Tasks under RAC in the Windows directory. Click RAC in the directory list on right. Right-click the task in the right pane and chose 'Disable'. Reboot and you should not have to deal with it again.

Here is a link to a little article on it:
http://www.msigeek.com/5544/how-to-enable-data-collection-ractask-for-reliability-monitor-tool

This likely gathers Windows Software/Hardware Reliability data and sends it to Microsoft for analysis. They use info from Thousands of users to spot potential issues. One-offs are not even noticed. Microsoft is certainly NOT tracking you!
Unfortunately, in this case, the tool to help improve reliability is the cause of the issue. It was using 50% CPU in my case.