Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Trying to recover Outlook contacts and calendar

Last response: in Windows 7
January 31, 2013 9:44:48 PM

Trying to recover Outlook contacts and calendar from a HDD that cannot boot. therefore the .pst file cannot be exported.
Is there a way to get the .pst and .ost files without actually running the Outlook program?
a b $ Windows 7
January 31, 2013 10:45:42 PM

Hi :) 

If you can browse the drive yes... if not no...

All the best Brett :) 
Score
a b $ Windows 7
February 1, 2013 12:23:17 AM

C:\Documents and Settings\User Profile\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Archive.pst

I have used a linux live disk and exported the .pst file to flash.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
February 1, 2013 12:30:16 AM

anonymous1 said:
C:\Documents and Settings\User Profile\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Archive.pst

I have used a linux live disk and exported the .pst file to flash.

The location depends on the version of Outlook. 2010 puts things in "My Documents\Outlook Files"
a b $ Windows 7
February 1, 2013 12:55:33 AM

sgal said:
Trying to recover Outlook contacts and calendar from a HDD that cannot boot. therefore the .pst file cannot be exported.
Is there a way to get the .pst and .ost files without actually running the Outlook program?

If the drive is working at all, you might be able to use a program called Recuva, found HERE , and see if you can access the file you're looking for.
Score
February 28, 2013 11:34:46 PM

You must try to restore the contacts from your hard drive as it is containing the data in it. If it is not saved in the deleted items folder then its for sure that the files are still inside of the hard disk. You just need one software which can scan the whole hard drive thoroughly and restore the Outlook contacts. Whether you want this recovery tool, ask for the recovery solution here.
Score
October 19, 2013 6:07:43 AM

If your PST file is minor corrupt that time you can use free Inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) otherwise you may need for strong Outlook recovery tool. Because some times scanpst.exe become unable to fix badly corrupted PST file. As solution you can use an alternative tool to recover Outlook contacts, calendar, emails and other all items.

Have a Look: http://www.pcvita.com/recover-outlook.html
Score
November 25, 2013 9:44:17 PM

70 percent of the Outlook file corruption is caused when it reaches the threshold size limit. It is suggested to keep the size of PST file at check.
If your data (contacts and calender items) is not in the deleted items folder it’s sure in the HDD. You need a reliable tool that can easily restore the contacts as well as calender items. Try SysInfoTools PST File Recovery Software.
Score
February 12, 2014 10:47:00 PM

Hello,
When I starting analysis your situation many doubt comes to diverting me. Finally there is an issue with your PST file. Your OST file is ok and you can access your mail and other data file except only Contact and calendar. These may be accidentally deleted or may be some other reason that affect those file. I suggest you to try “Quick Recovery For PST Repair Software” that may be easily available on any search engine. Hope this help you to recover your calendar and contact.
Score
!