Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Sound manager program

Last response: in Windows 7
January 31, 2013 10:50:36 PM

I have Realtek HD Audio sound manager software that came with my gigabyte board and I hate it. Is there another sound manager program I can replace this one with? My sound card is the same, onboard one (realtek I guess) so maybe a program that is compatible? Every time I plug in a device I have to go through this stupid list:

http://gyazo.com/bcca5d0dab42f5fc8d0b68fce99d0794.png?1...

and basically find out which color works. My headset microphone is USB not a color coded 3.5 mm jack so this makes it a lot more complicated than picking the right color. I know the mic in line is pink and it still doesn't work. I have used the realtek software, the control panel sound and the control panel "set up microphone" button as well. No sound comes out of the headset and yes, it works because I used the headset on a different computer. I downloaded the headset software about 5x too.

More about : sound manager program

a b $ Windows 7
January 31, 2013 10:59:52 PM

Hello... un-enable the auto POPUP feature then.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 31, 2013 11:24:34 PM

rcfant89 said:
I have Realtek HD Audio sound manager software that came with my gigabyte board and I hate it. Is there another sound manager program I can replace this one with? My sound card is the same, onboard one (realtek I guess) so maybe a program that is compatible? Every time I plug in a device I have to go through this stupid list:

http://gyazo.com/bcca5d0dab42f5fc8d0b68fce99d0794.png?1...

and basically find out which color works. My headset microphone is USB not a color coded 3.5 mm jack so this makes it a lot more complicated than picking the right color. I know the mic in line is pink and it still doesn't work. I have used the realtek software, the control panel sound and the control panel "set up microphone" button as well. No sound comes out of the headset and yes, it works because I used the headset on a different computer. I downloaded the headset software about 5x too.

I'm a bit confused.....You said that your microphone is USB, thus not being color coded, but it still is complicated to use. Most USB headsets (with a MIC or not) usually aren't that difficult.

What is the make/model of the headset you're using? You may be able to go to the manufacturer's website for the headset and download their software if there is any.

Do you have the headset plugged into BOTH usb and the MIC (which according to the picture you posted is pink) port? It will have to be this way.

Even though, get us the make/model and we'll go from there.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 1, 2013 12:35:30 AM

As said above:

Just uncheck the "enable..." option so that pop-up doesn't hassle you.

Everything should work just fine.
m
l
February 1, 2013 1:03:33 AM

@photonboy - Tried that, still does not work.

@hedwar - It's a cyborg freq 5 headset. http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/freq5.htm

It only has 1 USB plug, not a usb plug and a pink 3.5 mm jack. I used the headset on my other computer and it worked just fine, plug it in and go but on this computer it simply does not work. It shows up under devices and says it's good to go but it isn't. My previous headset did have the 3.5 mm green jack for sound and the pink one for mic, this one has only 1 USB plug. I plug it in and the USB connect sound appears so I know it's in there but the audio/mic does nothing.

I have downloaded the software numerous times though it seems faulty for some reason. For example, I downloaded it again and unzipped it and went into the folder to run the "setup" and this error displays:
http://gyazo.com/c4b89d5ab0980520398219f674f54d27.png?1...

And yes, I am aware that file says Vista for some unknown reason because the download I chose was "Win7/8". Also, I went into the Win 7 sub folder and ran THAT setup and it still says "Vista driver installer".
m
l
February 1, 2013 1:13:16 AM

Here's the problem:

m
l
February 1, 2013 5:57:13 AM

Now the question is, how do I fix that problem?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 1, 2013 6:55:33 AM

rcfant89 said:
Now the question is, how do I fix that problem?

Your problem is that you can't install the software.

I went to the DOWNLOAD section of their website. Can I verify you installed the SOFTWARE and Drivers, both for your proper version (32-bit or 64-bit) of Vista?

I did this:

"Operating System"-> VISTA 64-bit

"Device" -> Cyborg 5.1 Headset

This is the software:

SOFTWARE: "SD7_0_23_0_64bit_Software"

Drivers: "Cyborg_5.1_Win7_Drivers"

m
l
February 2, 2013 3:31:22 AM

Yes, I have downloaded both the driver and the software multiple times, the original downloads date back to Jan 20th and then I re downloaded them both the other day. I did not download the vista version, I have win 7 so I downloaded the Win 7/8 option 64 bit.

m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 2, 2013 3:42:18 AM

rcfant89 said:
Yes, I have downloaded both the driver and the software multiple times, the original downloads date back to Jan 20th and then I re downloaded them both the other day. I did not download the vista version, I have win 7 so I downloaded the Win 7/8 option 64 bit.

http://gyazo.com/b1c90c9d77aeac67a63966fc12218e7f.png?1359782978

Quote:

My computer is turned on, music playing on the media player, but I cannot hear any sound
through the Cyborg headphones.
This may be due to the PC using an incorrect sound device to play music. To rectify this, please
follow the simple steps below:
1 Quit your media/dvd player application and then re-open it. You should now hear sound
through the headphones.
2 If you still cannot hear sound through the headphones, go to Windows Start, Settings, Control
Panel, select Sounds and Audio devices, Audio Device tab, and from the Sound Playback
dropdown menu, select C Media USB 106 as default audio device. Click Apply to select.
When you have closed the control panel window, restart your Media Player.

That is from Siatek's website.

That being said, If you go into Control Panel and look at Sounds and Audio Devices, does it show up at all?
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
February 2, 2013 11:36:17 PM

Hi,
I'm seeing TWO issues here:

#1 - Your software won't install properly?

#2 - You may have the incorrect Audio solution selected.

Solutions:
#1 - I don't know.

#2 - Your speakers use your Realtek onboard sound. Therefore it should be enabled in your BIOS and work with the Realtek drivers.

From what I undertand, the USB headphones do NOT use the Realtek onboard sound, OR else they do but you need to select THEM as the audio source.

Either way, as per the above reply you need to ensure that when your headphones are plugged in the "C Media USB 106" is selected. You can get there via:

a) right-click the AUDIO icon (lower-right of desktop)
b) select "Playback Devices"
c) choose "C Media USB 106"
d) set as "DEFAULT"

*I'm not familiar with your headphones. What SHOULD happen is the SOFTWARE you install recognizes the USB headphones when inserted and AUTOMATICALLY switches you Audio Devices to the "C Media..." one for the headphones.

As long as you can't install the proper SOFTWARE there's nothing you can do though. Perhaps it's a Windows software glitch that is preventing proper installation?

Sorry if it's not that helpful.

Unfortunately if you are still stuck I can only recommend installing Windows from SCRATCH.
February 3, 2013 1:02:07 AM

Yeah I think it's a software problem. I recently reinstalled my OS, I guess it's having some issues. It's a pain in my ass to reinstall the whole OS but I guess I will do it if it's gonna give me issues. Thanks guys.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 3, 2013 10:44:24 PM

rcfant89 said:
Yeah I think it's a software problem. I recently reinstalled my OS, I guess it's having some issues. It's a pain in my ass to reinstall the whole OS but I guess I will do it if it's gonna give me issues. Thanks guys.

Open your Device Manager to make sure there aren't any issues.

You could also try reinstalling all the drivers from the MANUFACTURER's site if you didn't do that.
m
l
February 6, 2013 4:09:07 AM

It was an OS problem. I reinstalled my OS and it plugged right in and worked. Thanks for the help guys.
m
l
February 6, 2013 4:10:19 AM

Best answer selected by rcfant89.
m
l
!