Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Flash player refuses to work

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
January 31, 2013 11:32:05 PM

Randomly flash player started crashing. I have tried updating both flash and firefox. I have also downgraded to 10.3 and when I do firefox wont even open.



Firefox 18.0.1
Flash 11.5
Windows 7 64 bit



I have completely uninstalled both programs and ran CCleaner. With 11.5 installed the video will play for exactly 2 seconds with audio and a green screen, then firefox will freeze until i end the process. With 10.3 installed firefox will not even open.


Already googled and it and tried adding protectedmode=0 to the cfg file. no luck.
a b $ Windows 7
January 31, 2013 11:35:28 PM

vegatdm said:
Randomly flash player started crashing. I have tried updating both flash and firefox. I have also downgraded to 10.3 and when I do firefox wont even open.



Firefox 18.0.1
Flash 11.5
Windows 7 64 bit



I have completely uninstalled both programs and ran CCleaner. With 11.5 installed the video will play for exactly 2 seconds with audio and a green screen, then firefox will freeze until i end the process. With 10.3 installed firefox will not even open.


Already googled and it and tried adding protectedmode=0 to the cfg file. no luck.


There is tons of info on this very issue found HERE .
m
0
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 31, 2013 11:42:35 PM

Try using the Adobe Flash Player Removal Tool, found HERE . After it removes, restart the computer BEFORE trying to reinstall Flash.

There may be (and probably is) remnants of Flash installed that is causing the issues and aren't getting corrected when uninstalling them.
m
0
l
February 1, 2013 12:02:54 AM

That may have fixed it, but when I fullscreen videos they play at like half speed now.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 1, 2013 12:06:14 AM

Where are you playing them from because it could be a dependancy on the site?
m
0
l
February 1, 2013 12:11:19 AM

Any site. Youtube, facebook, yahoo news. The play fine but when I fullscreen them they sound like a dubstep remix.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 1, 2013 12:14:52 AM

vegatdm said:
Any site. Youtube, facebook, yahoo news. The play fine but when I fullscreen them they sound like a dubstep remix.


I know this sounds like a lame excuse but mine do it too. I just went to Youtube and opened a video in full screen and it stuttered a bit.
m
0
l
February 4, 2013 10:33:49 PM

Day 5, I still cannot full screen any video from any video site. when I full screen it plays about half speed and the audio is slowed as well. Downloaded files work fine.
m
0
l
February 4, 2013 11:01:08 PM

....I'd try this. I had a similar problem. First, go to the "help" tab in firefox choose disable addon's with restart. Then, go into your ad ons and disable "microsoft silverlight", "java" and any other programs if they weren't disabled by the "restart without adons". COMPLETELY disable toolsbars etc as well!! Once you do this (pending if you have flash installed at the moment), go into control panel>flash player>storage tab>delete all. Then advanced tab>delete all. Reinstall only AFTER using flash removal tool again and see what happens. Make sure when you load up firefox, to disable without addons though.....tell me if this works for you
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 4, 2013 11:49:31 PM

blackns said:
....I'd try this. I had a similar problem. First, go to the "help" tab in firefox choose disable addon's with restart. Then, go into your ad ons and disable "microsoft silverlight", "java" and any other programs if they weren't disabled by the "restart without adons". COMPLETELY disable toolsbars etc as well!! Once you do this (pending if you have flash installed at the moment), go into control panel>flash player>storage tab>delete all. Then advanced tab>delete all. Reinstall only AFTER using flash removal tool again and see what happens. Make sure when you load up firefox, to disable without addons though.....tell me if this works for you


Forgot about those pesky add-ons causing issues....
Now that you mentioned it, I recall an issue one of my customer's had a while back that was caused by a 3rd party toolbar that I'd never heard of and was causing the same problems.
m
0
l
February 5, 2013 5:32:30 AM

Disabled all addons. Even completely reinstalled firefox and it still does it.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 5, 2013 3:35:11 PM

the last version of flash is 11.5.502.146 there is the flash player active x and also the plug in and they both weight 6.0 mo check there is a plug in for firefox ,safari, opera and another to be use with internet explorer check that on the link that wherre oyu find them (your operating system or browser is different ? )
m
0
l
February 6, 2013 11:54:31 PM

vegatdm said:
Disabled all addons. Even completely reinstalled firefox and it still does it.


hmm. You did everything I said right?! If so, next try finding older drivers to work. You may want to try running windows restore as well to the date before it all went bad if possible. But before you do that, try right clicking on the video and disabling hardware acceleration for flash. Right click>settings>click on monitor icon to far left>Uncheck hardware acceleration>restart firefox.
m
0
l
February 7, 2013 1:32:26 AM

All updated drivers, if i downgrade flash firefox wont even open. Hardware acceleration was already disabled. Don't have windows restore on, only flash videos in a browser do this, and only fullscreen. VLC and WMP run video files file.
m
0
l
!