best cpu for autocad

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
<A HREF="http://www.aceshardware.com/Spades/read.php?article_id=45000202" target="_new">This might be of some use...</A>

The picture's rather unclear. In one test, with dual AthlonMPs, dual Xeons, and a single Athlon 1.4, the Athlon 1.4 beats everything--mainly because the test is not SMP-capable =/.

The second doesn't even have the Athlon 1.4, just duals against duals.

*sigh* Maybe not much value to you, but it's a start. I'll see what else I can find...

Kelledin

"/join #hackerz. See the Web. DoS interesting people."

Tom_Smart

Illustrious
it will always depend on the rest of your set up, Mb, choice of ram, chipset etc.

Although it has a lot of good ideas, beer doesn't know anything about computers!!!

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey Tomsmart,
That has got to be the best "sig" that I have seen yet! Although maybe you are just asking the Beer the wrong questions...............I'll just keep drinking and asking the Beer new questions to test this theory.
Peace Out.............tile

I'm not 1/2 as smart as I think I am and less than 1% smart as I tell people I am.

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I would say its the P-III 1 GHz, get an Asus CUSL2-C and a GeForce2 or even a GeForce2MX on it with all 512 MB of PC133 or better RAM. the board would also help overclocking.

girish

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

G

I would go for a strong FPU. So, Athlon or Pentium III is probably the way to go.

Also, concerning video cards, please don't get a regular gaming card, but one of Elsa's Synergies - they have line anti-aliasing, which is a MUST for Autocad.

G

Quality 2D Anti Aliasing is a must on your vid card.

Autocad is FPU dependent, without specific instructions that leaves you with Athlon or P3 Tualatin. (Of course, ultimately the Athlon is faster and much less expensive.)

Pally 1.2@1.4 (10x140)
MSI K7 Master
Swiftech MC462
Crucial 256 DDR x1