Port Fowarding

can't get a specific port to be seen from the outside
world using MS Broadband Persistant Port forwarding
feature can anyone help ?

I am using a MN-100 wired network..

joker

What firmware version is the MN-100 using?

What port are you forwarding?

Are you trying to connect to the WAN IP from behind the MN-100 or from a
different location?

T.C. wrote:

> can't get a specific port to be seen from the outside
> world using MS Broadband Persistant Port forwarding
> feature can anyone help ?
>
> I am using a MN-100 wired network..

assistance.

time.

Firmware version for MN-100 BASE STATION IS: 0.0.1.02
Firmware version for MN-100 BASE STATION RUNTIME IS:
0.1.11.017

I am trying to open up port 8010~8011 for incoming
traffic to be used as a streaming media server.
Are there IP conflicts ?
when i used Persistent Port Forwarding Nobody could not
see my PC on the net and Port 8010~8011 is still closed
for some reason..
also the PC being used is running WINXP PRO and SQL
Server, however i did set up the server in XP's firewall
to allow for the port so now i dont have a clue what's
wrong...

Thanks

you directly for
>assistance.
>
>If your question is worth asking, it's worth posting.
>
>If it's not worth posting you should have done a search
on
>http://www.google.com/ http://www.google.com/grphp?
hl=en&tab=wg&q= or
>http://news.google.com/froogle?hl=en&tab=nf&ned=us&q=
before wasting our
>time.
>.

joker

Did you do TCP or UDP for the protocol in the persistent port forwarding?

> Firmware version for MN-100 BASE STATION IS: 0.0.1.02
> Firmware version for MN-100 BASE STATION RUNTIME IS:
> 0.1.11.017
>
> I am trying to open up port 8010~8011 for incoming
> traffic to be used as a streaming media server.
> Are there IP conflicts ?
> when i used Persistent Port Forwarding Nobody could not
> see my PC on the net and Port 8010~8011 is still closed
> for some reason..
> also the PC being used is running WINXP PRO and SQL
> Server, however i did set up the server in XP's firewall
> to allow for the port so now i dont have a clue what's
> wrong...
>
> Thanks

assistance.

time.

I used TCP as the protocol for persistent port forwarding.

I'm guessing you're trying to run Shoutcast, no?

Something no one has asked yet, but it's awfully basic: can you connect to
the port locally?

Cheers!

Jim

"T.C." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can't get a specific port to be seen from the outside
> world using MS Broadband Persistant Port forwarding
> feature can anyone help ?
>
> I am using a MN-100 wired network..

joker

Streaming media is typically done over UDP not TCP. This is because TCP
will keep sending a packet that would be no longer useful while UDP
doesn't care about the missed packets.