G

Does the Via C3 (Samuel II) Support dual processor configs?
I know its crazy, but then again thats why i'm in a mental institution.... :)

G

apparently not.

there was a pic on the net of a dual board, but i read that it was just a display model...

i believe the word from via was no.

G

Yeah but what difference will it make? Instead of one [-peep-] cpu you'll have two and two pieces of [-peep-] don't make a super computer just a lot of [-peep-].

Your nice new PC might be faster then my 286, but my 286 makes a better door stop :smile:

G

I don't suppose you realize that you can overclock a Via C3 to hell and back without it breaking a sweat. +I don't see why it's slow fpu would affect something like server preformance. If it can handle the data throughput, then thats all that matters.
'Sides i'm experimenting here. If you wanna talk see crazy like that then talk to the pZiKo5 sho are actually running dual celeron and duron systems!

<Hmph i run Quake 3 on a P54-133!>

G

but if you've got a spare smp mobo, and a couple of C3's, plug 'em in and let us know what happens eh?

G

Will Do... I am planning on investing in one of the new 866 .13 cores. A second one won't add that much. So sure i'll inform you. (this might take a while though...)

:eek: <font color=blue>I for one run Quake 3 on a P133(No MMX)</font color=blue>I have no affiliatioin w/ Intel

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Cyrix MP???????????????

dint read it in Hans Anderson's tales.

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
LoL, isnt that like having 2 retards work together on a math problem? It isnt getting done any faster.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~