My pc has Win 7 Pro, I prefer Win 7 Home. Should I get a Win 7 Home upgrade disc

CASCO53

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
My main computer is an Imac. I prefer macs, they are much more intuitive for me as I am not really a computer person. I have a few programs that I have to use that only run on a pc. I have a pc that has Win 7 Pro that I find very frustrating to use. I was considering upgrading to Win 8 but was put off by having to buy an additional program to play and record dvd's and I got a chance to use a Win 8 pc and did not like it.

I recently got a chance to use a pc with Win 7 Home Premium and preferred it over Win 7 Pro. I want to install Win 7 Home Premium on my pc. Would that be considered an upgrade or a downgrade? Which software package would I need? Would a Win 7 Home upgrade package be enough or do I need the full Win 7 Home software program?

My pc is a HP Probook and the OS is 32 bit.

Thank you for your response.

I don't understand. What is it that made Home Premium different from Pro in your view? I've used both, and the differences are all under the skin. Pro includes some features that a Home user would not need or want, but they look and operate exactly the same in my experience.