Your question

does intel better????

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Celeron
  • Intel
Last response: in CPUs
September 14, 2001 2:22:18 AM

i've read many thread including wars between fugger and the other guys, OK O'm gonna say something especially to fugger

Hi, fugger.. no I'm not any brand fans, but tell you what, for these long I've been loyal to Intel, because I was affraid of instability, yess.. I'm not a rich person, that's why I have to save alot of money to buy low class processor like celeron, not so long ago I bought PIII 450.. I thought this product supposed to be cooler than my retail celeron does, because it has built in fans and heat sink, but what I got, the temperature at idle was 59-62, while my mobo still rock solid at 34..

I tell you this because I dissapointed with Intel, and so DISSAPOINTED with person LIKE YOU FUGGER who tell others about crap and crap and crap, that Intel goes the [-peep-] best over AMD, its free of problems, tell you again, my PIII, is full of [-peep-], troublesome, worst than my celeron, cannot highly o'ced like my celeron does

my friend who bought AMD got no problem like I did, and he spent a little bit dollars than me, cause he bought proc and mobo, if I follow his instruction, none of this would happen to me, AND he get DURON 800, while I get PIII 450..

the point is, stop trolling others FUGGER, we are here because we need advised from expertise, not a bunch of lies, stop it FUGGER, you're INTEL fans, fine.. no one minds that, everyone has their own fans, but THEY HELP OTHERS with all they can affort, AND NOT TROLLING AROUND LIKE YOU..

peace

More about : intel

September 14, 2001 3:37:38 AM

Welcome to the Club, Access.

AMD supporter here.
September 14, 2001 4:22:24 AM

I 100% agree with you But you need to add AmdMeltdown too.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 14, 2001 5:28:51 AM

Brand loyalty is a good thing, however if the other company has you beat on price/performance, OR ANY other benchmark/application that YOU the purchaser want/need, then buying an inferior product FOR YOU based soley on brand is stupid.

I support AMD at the moment, they simply have all the right qualifications right now. Is intel bad? No. Is the current pentium 4 bad? I would have to say yes, but only in comparision to the thunderbird, and with its cost taken into account. Some trolls cannot see this, and they belittle the product or indeed the people who choose to buy it. This is wrong.
Welcome to the club of the free thinking access. There is a reason there are 10000 non trolls on this board, and only 5 or 6 hardcore trolls, the reason is that logical and rational thinking is a very common trait here.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~
September 14, 2001 6:23:36 AM

I completely agree with you matisaro, but I have something to tell you about FUGGER, I've been watching his activity in many threads, in one of the threads, I can't remember when, BUT I do remember he said something like this "I don't have many times doing benchmark" sort of like that, the point is he don't have time to do anything like benchmark, BUT have soooo many times to :
1. posting something stupid, that makes common people confused about which products is the best for the bucks
2. claimed faked benchmark (we're not supposed to be upset with this, because like he said, he don't have time to do benchmark, so.. it's so particular that his claimed was a lie, cause he never did one)
3. pissing other people's as
4. making false accuse

so matisaro, don't bother him, he's not worth your time, the more reply you make into his thread, the more he gets excited.. and one thing for sure, no matter how many times he said that AMD s**k, that never change the proof that AMD can beat INTEL clock for clock

peace
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 14, 2001 6:28:34 AM

In my point of view, the name of the brand has no meaning. 2 years ago, I was using Celero's in my rigs. Then switched to AMD because they offer more performance for less. And they have no compatibility issues what so ever. The days with GeForce-AMD wars are far over. So, in every new system, I use a faster AMD processor.

By saying that, if Intel decides to lower its prices below AMD & manages to construct a better architecture (not by simply cutting the pipeline stages to reach mind blowing clock frequencies), I would go back to Intel in my next upgrade. As simple as that.

But right now, its AMD that RULES Intel fans. Just live with it.

<font color=red>Apple</font color=red> <font color=blue>inside</font color=blue>, <font color=green>idiot</font color=green> <font color=purple>outside</font color=purple>...
September 14, 2001 5:03:25 PM

Access, I used to be polite and sociable on this board but getting kicked in the head every time I posted got really annoying.

1) Pick any thread where someone asks about buying intel, you will see many posts from lemmings to buy AMD. Like this thread today

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&...

Granted AMD is cheap and performs well in productivity applications, but still lacks stability, dependability, SSE2, and thermal protection. many reasons why not to buy a AMD. dont believe me read thru the threads and you will see too many posts where AMD overheats and crashes

Every AMD is in harms way when it comes to failure in cooling. People need to know this simple fact.

I post my opinion, you gotta learn to deal with it. not whine to the rest of us cause your upset.

2) My benchmarks are not fake, so stfu or post a link as proof to your claim.

3) Sure my posts upset the lemmings, the truth always hurts. the best they can do is pick at my spelling, call me a liar or flame me like they always do. typical stuff IMO

4) What?? post an example or something.

Matisaro is one of the biggest lemmings here.

Its not always about clock for clock, P4 2.0 snuffs best AMD offering.
September 14, 2001 5:14:16 PM

So a ten% performance increase is snuffing..hmmm... interesting.

Nice <b><font color=green>Lizards</b></font color=green> <b>crunch</b> Trolls cookies....... :smile: Yummy!! :smile:
September 14, 2001 5:29:31 PM

10% wins!

AMD wins in productivity, we all have a need for 210FPS in MS word and excel 2000 needs to open in 1.1 seconds, not 1.2
September 14, 2001 5:30:25 PM

Quote:
Granted AMD is cheap and performs well in productivity applications, but still lacks stability, dependability, SSE2, and thermal protection. many reasons why not to buy a AMD. dont believe me read thru the threads and you will see too many posts where AMD overheats and crashes

Ok, let's see...stability and dependability are the same thing. My P3 system is a lot less stable (and slower) than my AMD system...

SSE2 isn't used that much. Tribes2 is the only thing I have that uses it, and the video card will more than make up for the difference. Needless to say, you can get a better video card with the money you save.

Hmm...thermal protection and heat. If you're not overclocking, the retail HSF works great. If you are, there are plenty of HSFs that you can get for cheap that will keep your Tbird cool.

Tbirds good in productivity? What about it's superior FPU? It rules in almost everything.

And you're right, clock for clock doesn't mean a whole lot in the real world. But dollar for dollar does, and the Tbird wins by even more in that one.

<font color=green>They may take our lives, but they will never take our freedom!</font color=green>
September 14, 2001 5:57:35 PM

Dependability and stabilty are not the same thing.

Dependability wins over price
September 14, 2001 6:00:48 PM

Where's your proof that Intel is more dependable than AMD please post some links.

Nice <b><font color=green>Lizards</b></font color=green> <b>crunch</b> Trolls cookies....... :smile: Yummy!! :smile:
September 14, 2001 6:20:15 PM

So then what's the difference?

I agree dependability wins over price. Which is why I like my Athlon system. Cheaper, more stable AND more dependable than my Intel system.

<font color=green>They may take our lives, but they will never take our freedom!</font color=green>
September 14, 2001 6:38:20 PM

Quote:
1) Pick any thread where someone asks about buying intel, you will see many posts from lemmings to buy AMD. Like this thread today

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&..." target="_new">http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&...;/A>

I don't know if you conveyed what you were trying to say. They guy asked if celeron was a viable solution. They gave him many options and told him real reasons why the celeron was not a viable option.

September 14, 2001 7:38:37 PM

Quote:
Granted AMD is cheap and performs well in productivity applications, but still lacks stability, dependability, SSE2, and thermal protection. many reasons why not to buy a AMD. dont believe me read thru the threads and you will see too many posts where AMD overheats and crashes.

1) Even after I gave you a link, you apparently forgot that Intel is the only one to release a truly unstable x86 CPU. I guess you just can't handle that fact. :tongue:

2) While not the same thing, stability and dependability are very close. My T-bird handles any job I throw at it. Still doesn't crash, doesn't overheat, doesn't screw up my jpegs/mpegs.

3) SSE2--hmmm, for the 10% of applications that use it, and exactly zero apps I have that use it, it must really be worth something! LoL :lol: 

4) I run lm_sensors and a monitor daemon. It went through two dry runs and came out fine. For all that AMDs are supposed to be prone to overheating, it's never been necessary for the monitor daemon to activate--but it's peace of mind.

BTW, I think you're the only one who can't get an HSF to last beyond a year. Sounds like operator error!

5) No, it's not always about clock for clock. Dual AthlonMP snuffs the best Intel offering. P4 2.0 still has a difficult time holding the crown against single T-bird 1.4.

You can find proof by linkage <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&..." target="_new">here</A>, where I posted it for Juin.

Notice how I, too, have been called a "liar." The difference is, I can back up my claims--you can't. :lol: 

Kelledin

"/join #hackerz. See the Web. DoS interesting people."
September 14, 2001 7:51:57 PM

(First, I apologize to Raystonn for breaking his "community awareness" bit--FWIW, I wasn't the one who broke the truce. When I smell FUD, the Germanic in me wants blood. :tongue: )

Let's take a look at <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&..." target="_new">FUGGER's first post</A> (at least under his latest handle)!

Hmmm it's only his first post, nobody's kicked his head in--and he already accuses Tom of biased benchmarking on Tom's own message boards. All because his idol got slammed, and he couldn't handle that. Yup, he's been an offensive, insecure asswipe from day one. :lol: 

Kelledin

"/join #hackerz. See the Web. DoS interesting people."
September 14, 2001 8:06:33 PM

Hear Hear Kelledin, FUGGER thinks I am the lemming, lol, lemmings follow the leader, who is the leader....intel, who is the real lemming here?

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~
September 14, 2001 9:20:21 PM

<b>FUGGER sayz:</b>
----
"Access, I used to be polite and sociable on this board but getting kicked in the head every time I posted got really annoying."
----

Please note the "polite and sociable" bit.

Kelledin, then actualy provides a link, unlike some we know on this board showing:

----
"Tom, I hope your CPU fan dies.
BTW I was looking for you at comdex. I would have been the guy who puched your lights out explaining AMD made me do it."
---

again, note the "polite and sociable" bit.

~coughs~ HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA"

~chokes on fly, wipes tears from eyes~ ~giggle~

"no vesige of a begining, no prospect of an end, when we all disenigrate, it'll all happpen again."
September 15, 2001 2:16:12 AM

guys.. guys.. what's all this about, to prove what.. who's the best.. there's no solution and there will no end to this speech contest, Intel and AMD are different, it all depends to what kind of program that you used to benchmark, AND EACH program have their own advantage over the other, ex: A program maximize AMD instruction, and B maximize INTEL, can we use B program to be default benchmark for AMD.. if yes.. I have nothing to say..

if say no.. then back to the topic, back to why we all here, isn't we're here because we want to know what suit us, what type of processor that suit us and how to max out of it, does it matter if it's AMD or INTEL as long as it suits you

so stop all of this nonsense, it's just the same way talking about religion, does it have an end, NEVER.. just like debate between priest and scientist, the same result, do not have an end, everyone stick strong to their nose, no matter what, they have to find a way to win.. guys.. grow up.. be a man..

if you like intel, then if someone needs help with their INTEL, help them, otherwise, silence, the same for AMD.. you don't like INTEL/AMD, just keep it for yourself.. doesn't need to insult the other, just to prove what you choose is the best, once again, what you think is the best, doesn't mean for others, they ask your opinion, then give yours..

peace