Desktop problems accessing Internet - MN500

Tags:
  • Routers
  • Internet Service Providers
  • Desktops
  • Internet
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
November 28, 2004 8:40:26 PM

Hi all,

This is probably not a MN500 specific problem, but my Dell XP desktop is
"hard wired" to my MN500 router. There are times when my desktop cannot
access the internet, mail server, or news server and it seems as if my cable
internet connection is totally down. This can occur for minutes or hours.
However, accessing my ISP wirelessly via my laptops through the MN500 works
flawlessly all the time... even when my "hard wired" desktop is having
problems connecting.

Any suggestions on how I can get my desktop to access the Internet every
time I try to connect? Thanks!

TA

More about : desktop problems accessing internet mn500

November 30, 2004 1:01:40 AM

Remove any software firewalls. Also Install both ad-aware & Spybot
Search & Destroy to remove any spyware that may be causing you problems.

alav124 wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is probably not a MN500 specific problem, but my Dell XP desktop is
> "hard wired" to my MN500 router. There are times when my desktop cannot
> access the internet, mail server, or news server and it seems as if my cable
> internet connection is totally down. This can occur for minutes or hours.
> However, accessing my ISP wirelessly via my laptops through the MN500 works
> flawlessly all the time... even when my "hard wired" desktop is having
> problems connecting.
>
> Any suggestions on how I can get my desktop to access the Internet every
> time I try to connect? Thanks!
>
> TA

assistance.

time.
November 30, 2004 5:13:20 AM

TA
I have two Dell laptops connected wireless to a network, and one desktop,
hardwired to the network. For about two weeks I couldn't get the desktop to
see or be seen on the network. I had intenet access the whole time. Found
out that my privacy setting on the McAfee software was preventing the
desktop from seeing and being seen. I had updated and registered the
softwre about the time this problem started. I had double checked all the
firewalls many tims.

Jim

!