Hey, I Got A Question

Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter wants
to either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to drive
it off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.

A. How much ramming damage would a charging sea critter do? (could be
any type, I'm looking for generic rules)

B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength (+2
for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one rower with
+2 per additional rower, or something else?

Thanks
20 answers Last reply
More about question

    Dormammu wrote:
    > Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter wants
    > to either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to drive
    > it off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.
    >
    > A. How much ramming damage would a charging sea critter do? (could be
    > any type, I'm looking for generic rules)

    No idea =)

    > B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength (+2
    > for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one rower with
    > +2 per additional rower, or something else?

    I'd wouldn't think it'd be against the rowers at all, but rather against
    the weight of the contents, and its seaworthiness.

    Beyond that, I have no idea.

    Interested to see if anyone comes up with something simple, though.

    DWS

    On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 18:53:02 -0500, David Serhienko
    <david.serhienko@ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:

    >Dormammu wrote:
    >> Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter wants
    >> to either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to drive
    >> it off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.
    >>
    >> A. How much ramming damage would a charging sea critter do? (could be
    >> any type, I'm looking for generic rules)
    >
    >No idea =)
    >
    >> B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength (+2
    >> for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one rower with
    >> +2 per additional rower, or something else?
    >
    >I'd wouldn't think it'd be against the rowers at all, but rather against
    >the weight of the contents, and its seaworthiness.

    The speed of the boat is an issue. The size of the boat is a major issue
    (easier to push a dinghy than a frigate). Direction and distance to the
    reef could be a factor (straight ahead vs. off to one side). Does the
    boat have a rudder, or is it steered entirely by the rowers? (Probably
    has a rudder; only a tiny rowboat would have no rudder.) If the PCs are
    aware of the reef and try to pole themselves away from it, then it's a
    matter of the strength of those trying to push, and the strength of the
    poles (oars) themselves (can't use them very well if they're too short
    to reach the reef).

    >Beyond that, I have no idea.
    >
    >Interested to see if anyone comes up with something simple, though.
    >
    >DWS

    [view this with a fixed-width font]
    A B C
    R ^ ^ ^
    E | R | R |
    E | E | E |
    F | E B E |
    | F O F |
    | A |
    | T |
    B B
    O O
    A A
    T T

    Boat A can be forced onto its reef with very little work on the
    monster's part. Boat B would need to be pushed nearly sideways by the
    monster; not so easy. Boat C is not as hard as B but hard than A; plus,
    since the reef is angled, there is also a matter of timing by the
    monster.
    --
    auric underscore underscore at hotmail dot com
    *****

    David Serhienko wrote:
    > Dormammu wrote:
    >
    >> Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter wants
    >> to either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to
    >> drive it off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.
    >>
    >> A. How much ramming damage would a charging sea critter do? (could
    >> be any type, I'm looking for generic rules)
    >

    > No idea =)

    I'm guessing, but I'd say it's like an unarmed strike (head butt) or
    else a bite, like a killer whale biting a hole in the bottom of the boat.

    >> B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength
    >> (+2 for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one
    >> rower with +2 per additional rower, or something else?
    >

    > I'd wouldn't think it'd be against the rowers at all, but rather against
    > the weight of the contents, and its seaworthiness.
    >
    > Beyond that, I have no idea.
    >
    > Interested to see if anyone comes up with something simple, though.
    >
    > DWS

    Since the boat is floating, its weight isn't really an issue. I mean,
    the rowers are moving it, right, even though it weighs several tons.
    They're just sort of pushing it along the surface of a less-resistive
    medium than dry ground. But their strength is pushing it in the
    direction they want it to go, and the beastie wants to use its strength
    to push it another way, so I thought bull rush might be the best way to
    do that, only which strength values do you use? I'm thinking about
    using the beast's size mod and the vehicles on the check.

    Auric__ wrote:
    > On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 18:53:02 -0500, David Serhienko
    > <david.serhienko@ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:
    >

    >>Dormammu wrote:
    >>
    >>>Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter wants
    >>>to either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to drive
    >>>it off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.
    >>>
    >>>A. How much ramming damage would a charging sea critter do? (could be
    >>>any type, I'm looking for generic rules)
    >>
    >>No idea =)
    >>

    >>>B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength (+2
    >>>for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one rower with
    >>>+2 per additional rower, or something else?
    >>
    >>I'd wouldn't think it'd be against the rowers at all, but rather against
    >>the weight of the contents, and its seaworthiness.
    >

    > The speed of the boat is an issue. The size of the boat is a major issue
    > (easier to push a dinghy than a frigate). Direction and distance to the
    > reef could be a factor (straight ahead vs. off to one side). Does the
    > boat have a rudder, or is it steered entirely by the rowers? (Probably
    > has a rudder; only a tiny rowboat would have no rudder.) If the PCs are
    > aware of the reef and try to pole themselves away from it, then it's a
    > matter of the strength of those trying to push, and the strength of the
    > poles (oars) themselves (can't use them very well if they're too short
    > to reach the reef).

    I figured I'd use the basic rules in the Arms & Equipment Guide, but
    they don't say what damage is done by something like a giant sperm whale
    ramming a rowboat, say.

    >>Beyond that, I have no idea.
    >>
    >>Interested to see if anyone comes up with something simple, though.
    >>
    >>DWS
    >

    > [view this with a fixed-width font]
    > A B C
    > R ^ ^ ^
    > E | R | R |
    > E | E | E |
    > F | E B E |
    > | F O F |
    > | A |
    > | T |
    > B B
    > O O
    > A A
    > T T
    >
    > Boat A can be forced onto its reef with very little work on the
    > monster's part. Boat B would need to be pushed nearly sideways by the
    > monster; not so easy. Boat C is not as hard as B but hard than A; plus,
    > since the reef is angled, there is also a matter of timing by the
    > monster.

    Yeah, but would you use Bull Rush? Whose Strength would you use?

    On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 22:39:40 -0700, Dormammu
    <Dormammu@thedarkdimension.com> wrote:

    >Auric__ wrote:
    >> On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 18:53:02 -0500, David Serhienko
    >> <david.serhienko@ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:

    >>>No idea =)

    >>>I'd wouldn't think it'd be against the rowers at all, but rather against
    >>>the weight of the contents, and its seaworthiness.
    >>

    >> The speed of the boat is an issue. The size of the boat is a major issue
    >> (easier to push a dinghy than a frigate). Direction and distance to the
    >> reef could be a factor (straight ahead vs. off to one side). Does the
    >> boat have a rudder, or is it steered entirely by the rowers? (Probably
    >> has a rudder; only a tiny rowboat would have no rudder.) If the PCs are
    >> aware of the reef and try to pole themselves away from it, then it's a
    >> matter of the strength of those trying to push, and the strength of the
    >> poles (oars) themselves (can't use them very well if they're too short
    >> to reach the reef).
    >>

    >I figured I'd use the basic rules in the Arms & Equipment Guide, but
    >they don't say what damage is done by something like a giant sperm whale
    >ramming a rowboat, say.

    The results of that particular pairing would depend on the type of
    campaign you're running.

    Realistically, an adult sperm whale (or any large whale) would have no
    problem destroying a rowboat, whether rushing it or whatever. The whale
    could come straight up from below and physically launch the boat into
    the air, distance depending upon weight of passengers & cargo and the
    size & strength of the whale. The whale could possibly slap the boat
    with its tail and *maybe* drive it under - or capsize it by flipping it
    with the tail from underneath. A toothed whale could even bite a large
    chunk out of the hull.

    OTOH, for a high fantasy campaign, the whale should swallow the boat -
    including passengers and cargo - whole and undamaged, if it (the whale)
    is large enough and the boat is small enough (think Pinocchio or Baron
    Munchausen).

    >>>Beyond that, I have no idea.
    >>>
    >>>Interested to see if anyone comes up with something simple, though.
    >>>
    >>>DWS
    >>

    >> [view this with a fixed-width font]
    >> A B C
    >> R ^ ^ ^
    >> E | R | R |
    >> E | E | E |
    >> F | E B E |
    >> | F O F |
    >> | A |
    >> | T |
    >> B B
    >> O O
    >> A A
    >> T T
    >>
    >> Boat A can be forced onto its reef with very little work on the
    >> monster's part. Boat B would need to be pushed nearly sideways by the
    >> monster; not so easy. Boat C is not as hard as B but hard than A; plus,
    >> since the reef is angled, there is also a matter of timing by the
    >> monster.
    >
    >Yeah, but would you use Bull Rush? Whose Strength would you use?

    For pushing the boat it would be a strength check of some sort, but not
    a rush. A "rush" would seem to indicate the intention to do sudden
    damage, not a possibly prolonged push. I think it would be the strength
    of the monster vs. the part of the total strength of the rowers ("part
    of" because of the nature of rowing itself) - say half the total, or
    less.

    Caveat: I am entirely unfamiliar with rules later than 2nd ed., and
    don't have much beyond the core rules - meaning I don't know what a
    "Bull Rush" is - and I have never dealt with water-borne battles of this
    nature. (My groups dealt with pirates, and rarely, at that. The one
    battle against a large beast was a plot device; the PCs weren't allowed
    to win.)
    --
    auric underscore underscore at hotmail dot com
    *****
    DISC READ ERROR - PLEASE REBOOT USENET

    Dormammu wrote:
    > Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter
    wants
    > to either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to
    drive
    > it off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.
    >
    > A. How much ramming damage would a charging sea critter do? (could
    be
    > any type, I'm looking for generic rules)

    Slam damage by size (1d6 for medium, 1d8 for large, etc. plus str mod)
    vs the hardness and hitpoints of the material of the boat.
    Because we're talking about a boat, let's say that it starts taking
    water at half hp, and that it starts sinking, slowly, at one quarter.

    > B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength
    (+2
    > for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one rower
    with
    > +2 per additional rower, or something else?

    Eyeball total weight of boat plus rowers.
    If the critter has enough strength to "push or drag" the boat, it
    manages to push it 5ft per round in its desired direction.
    If its strength would be enough to "pick up" the boat and be heavily
    encumbered or less, it can take double moves while pushing the boat, at
    the appropriate encumbrance level.

    Silveraxe.

    Dormammu <Dormammu@thedarkdimension.com> wrote:
    > David Serhienko wrote:
    >> Dormammu wrote:
    >>
    >>> Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter wants
    >>> to either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to
    >>> drive it off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.
    >
    >>> B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength
    >>> (+2 for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one
    >>> rower with +2 per additional rower, or something else?
    >>
    >> I'd wouldn't think it'd be against the rowers at all, but rather against
    >> the weight of the contents, and its seaworthiness.
    >>
    >> Beyond that, I have no idea.
    >
    > Since the boat is floating, its weight isn't really an issue. I mean,
    > the rowers are moving it, right, even though it weighs several tons.
    > They're just sort of pushing it along the surface of a less-resistive
    > medium than dry ground. But their strength is pushing it in the
    > direction they want it to go, and the beastie wants to use its strength
    > to push it another way, so I thought bull rush might be the best way to
    > do that, only which strength values do you use? I'm thinking about
    > using the beast's size mod and the vehicles on the check.

    If you're pushing the boat off course, I suppose you're opposing the rowers,
    but if you're trying to sink it, the rowers don't matter, just the size
    and strength of the boat.

    When pushing the boat, I'd add the strength of all rowers, but give them
    some serious penalty because rowing isn't the most officient way of
    propulsion, while the water creature is (presumably) built for swimming.
    One guy on the shore holding a line has little trouble stopping a boat
    with several rowers. So maybe divide the rowers' strength by 4 or
    something like that. Maybe more, even. I also think each additional
    rower should add less strength than the previous one, but you may not
    care about that level of realism.

    mcv.

    "Dormammu" <Dormammu@thedarkdimension.com> wrote in message
    > Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter wants
    > to either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to drive
    > it off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.
    >
    > A. How much ramming damage would a charging sea critter do? (could be
    > any type, I'm looking for generic rules)
    >
    > B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength (+2
    > for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one rower with
    > +2 per additional rower, or something else?

    Ok, I'm assuming a Launch or equivalent from AEG and I'm not going to
    modify any of the numbers there. I think we can add a few though.

    An animal unless extremely intelligent is going to butt against the side
    of the boat. Given the launch as about 15 feet in length, divide the boat
    into 3 sections of 5 feet each. Note the turning point in the diagram.
    I think the equivalent of a grapple check would determine if the boat is
    hit.
    This seems to be the best compromise in doing damage and "grabbing" the
    boat.

    There is a 1d3 chance of being pushed sideways, or turned 90 degrees
    as the water creature hits or passes. Number from the bow to stern
    for the purpose of what part is hit. The direction of the attack then
    determines which direction the boat is left facing. The boat is stopped
    in the water for 1 round while they turn the boat back on course and
    continue rowing. If pushed sideways with a center hit, roll 1d3 for every
    20 feet to see if the push is maintained or the boat turns. The oarsmen
    may deliberately turn the boat and only move 10 feet sideways but lose
    a round turning back on course. The boat is pushed sideways at 1/4th
    normal forward speed.

    If the creature hits hard enough, the boat is dealt damage as if attacked.
    This is not a ramming action it is a controlling or wrestling type action.
    On the other hand, a smaller creature may also be trying to do damage
    by ramming. or a larger creature may do damage by accident. Perhaps
    1d4 chance of ramming damage on a failed grapple.

    When the creature misses, a 180 degree turn is needed followed by
    a straight line of at least 30 feet and another 180 degree turn before
    the creature can attempt the attack again. Turning ability of the monster
    and size factors will determine just how much room is needed for
    a repeated attack to happen. This can be calculated ahead of time
    and add maybe 1d4 rounds to keep the players guessing a bit
    and allow for defensive action by those in the boat.

    This concept can be expanded for larger boats and small ships, but even
    a whale is unlikely to move the larger ships much. Obviously turning a ship
    will take longer than turning a small boat and relative size will make a big
    difference in how fast or how much a boat turns or moves.You can do some
    experiments in a sink or bathtub with water and a piece of wood or a toy
    boat.
    Note how quickly it turns when pushed sideways with a finger. Don't
    try to keep it from turning as that would require a much more delicate
    control to balance the push. I'll stop playing with my icecubes now. :)

    Even the above suggestion is about half theory. I've never hit anything
    or been hit with anything in a boat other than a gentle bump at the docks.
    I do know you can quickly turn a rowboat on a dime so 1 round seems
    reasonable for that. I'd have to play it out on paper to see how well it
    works.
    Larger ships would turn much slower and may even alter the course
    of a large creature. Highly maneuverable monsters might have a shorter
    turn around time for repeated attacks. Lots of details that may change for
    a specific encounter. I think it could be expanded for a generic encounter
    using monster size vs. boat size etc. To much work for a quick post.

    Reference above posts for lead into this reply:

    From a person who's had the not-so-pleasurable expierience of having a 15
    foot boat (riding in it, thankfully not mine) clobbered by a Ski-Doo jetski
    I can tell you that a waterborn creature coming at you from sea level would
    most definitely be like Bull Rush. As for ruling suggestions. Ergh, I'd say
    that they're probably both taking damage most of the damage going, of
    course, to the defender; again referncing my charming boating experience.
    But to get anymore specific would require more than my D20 skills currently
    provide.

    Above or below, from below I think that breaching would be a pretty
    effective way for a large sea creature to capsize a vessel.
    Just in case: Breaching is where a creature, like the whale, swims to the
    surface at high speed to 'fly' mostly out of the water then crash back into
    it.

    "Jerry Chesko" <res7g0hd@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Reference above posts for lead into this reply:
    >
    > From a person who's had the not-so-pleasurable expierience of having a 15
    > foot boat (riding in it, thankfully not mine) clobbered by a Ski-Doo
    jetski
    > I can tell you that a waterborn creature coming at you from sea level
    would
    > most definitely be like Bull Rush. As for ruling suggestions. Ergh, I'd
    say
    > that they're probably both taking damage most of the damage going, of
    > course, to the defender; again referncing my charming boating experience.
    > But to get anymore specific would require more than my D20 skills
    currently
    > provide.

    All I can say is Ouch! :) At least we have some verification on what
    a high speed impact might do. Some of the higher speed water creatures
    might use ramming/bull rush as an attack option. Ramming is in the AEG
    and bull rush would be a likely substitute for a monster.

    My previous post was with the intent of pushing rather than killing the
    boat.
    If I remember right, a launch only has 30 hp so it is pretty fragile against
    something with much size and the intent to kill. This could work for small
    sailboats also. Maneuverability of a sailboat would suffer more since 90
    degrees would take the wind out of the sails. Maybe 2 rounds to recover
    for a small sailboat.

    The scenario might be that a number of small boats have been crashing
    into the rocks along a certain shore. PC's are conned into investigating.
    Survivor accounts may be just a shadow in the water. Our bright PC's
    go for a boat ride...

    Think of how the encounter would play out with some sort of water monster
    pushing a boat into the rocks as the PC's try to defend against it. "A
    shadow
    approaches in the water and nudges the boat nearer to the rocky shoreline."
    "The shadow in the water appears again and turns the boat into/away from
    shore."
    All the while, movements toward safety are frustrated or reduced. Perhaps
    the PC's, depending on available light, will even be able to identify the
    "attacker".
    Perhaps this is followed by an underwater encounter. Strange events are what
    make some encounters much more interesting. It isn't a typical hack and
    slash
    but it isn't a lot of role-playing either. The attacks would seem to be
    against the
    boats rather than the PC's themselves.

    This needs more work yet for a complete solution.

    "Dormammu" <Dormammu@thedarkdimension.com> wrote in message
    > Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter wants to
    > either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to drive it
    > off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.
    >
    > A. How much ramming damage would a charging sea critter do? (could be
    > any type, I'm looking for generic rules)
    >
    > B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength (+2
    > for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one rower with
    > +2 per additional rower, or something else?

    I am willing to bet the Maelstrom supplement will address this when it comes
    out. For now, just wing it.

    --
    ^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishment the scroll,
    I am the Master of my fate:
    I am the Captain of my soul.

    Malachias Invictus wrote:
    > "Dormammu" <Dormammu@thedarkdimension.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter wants to
    >>either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to drive it
    >>off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.
    >>
    >>A. How much ramming damage would a charging sea critter do? (could be
    >>any type, I'm looking for generic rules)
    >>
    >>B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength (+2
    >>for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one rower with
    >>+2 per additional rower, or something else?
    >

    > I am willing to bet the Maelstrom supplement will address this when it comes
    > out. For now, just wing it.

    Didn't they change the name of Maelstrom to Stormwrack recently?

    Amazon has the former:

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0786936894/qid=1113784663/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-6520386-9391065

    The Wizards site has the latter:

    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndacc/178670000

    Or is it the other way around? Was it originally Stormwrack but it's
    now Maelstrom?

    Dormammu wrote:
    > Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter wants
    > to either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to drive
    > it off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.
    >
    > A. How much ramming damage would a charging sea critter do? (could be
    > any type, I'm looking for generic rules)

    You're thinking of the "Moby Dick crushes rowboat" kind of thing, right?
    Why not treat it as a vehicle doing ramming damage based on speed,
    just like in the A.E.G.?

    > B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength (+2
    > for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one rower with
    > +2 per additional rower, or something else?
    >
    > Thanks

    I tend to think, since the boat can't fight back, you wouldn't use those
    rules at all.
    Use simple weight movement rules, e.g. how much does the boat weigh
    versus the
    creature's STR rating, modified by the non-resisting surface, and let
    the creature
    make a double move if it wants with any remaining movement it has left.
    On the
    boat's turn, it can do its own double move away from the creature based
    on how
    many rowers you have (or the wind speed, etc. for sailing vessels).

    Some Guy wrote:
    > Dormammu wrote:
    >
    >> Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter wants
    >> to either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to
    >> drive it off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.
    >>
    >> A. How much ramming damage would a charging sea critter do? (could
    >> be any type, I'm looking for generic rules)
    >>

    > You're thinking of the "Moby Dick crushes rowboat" kind of thing, right?
    > Why not treat it as a vehicle doing ramming damage based on speed,
    > just like in the A.E.G.?
    >
    >> B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength
    >> (+2 for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one
    >> rower with +2 per additional rower, or something else?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > I tend to think, since the boat can't fight back, you wouldn't use those
    > rules at all.
    > Use simple weight movement rules, e.g. how much does the boat weigh
    > versus the
    > creature's STR rating, modified by the non-resisting surface, and let
    > the creature
    > make a double move if it wants with any remaining movement it has left.
    > On the
    > boat's turn, it can do its own double move away from the creature based
    > on how
    > many rowers you have (or the wind speed, etc. for sailing vessels).

    So the rowers don't have any effect? That don't seem sporting, to me.

    Some Guy <someguy@thedoor.gov> wrote on 18 huhti 2005:

    > Didn't they change the name of Maelstrom to Stormwrack recently?
    > Or is it the other way around? Was it originally Stormwrack but
    > it's now Maelstrom?

    I hope it's the latter. Maelstrom is a cool name. Stormwrack is not.

    Does anybody know if Maelstrom will cover underwater as well, or is it
    just for surface aquatic stuff?

    --
    Samy Merchi | samy@iki.fi | http://www.iki.fi/samy | #152235689
    Reader of superhero comic books, writer of superhero fanfiction

    Samy Merchi wrote:
    > Some Guy wrote on 18 huhti 2005:
    >
    >> Didn't they change the name of Maelstrom to Stormwrack recently?
    >> Or is it the other way around? Was it originally Stormwrack but
    >> it's now Maelstrom?
    >
    > I hope it's the latter. Maelstrom is a cool name. Stormwrack is not.

    Your hopes are to be dashed like the children of the enemies of the Israelites.
    They've changed the name *from* Maelstrom *to* Stormwrack.

    > Does anybody know if Maelstrom will cover underwater as well, or is it
    > just for surface aquatic stuff?

    Answer unclear, ask again later.

    --
    Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia
    What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you

    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

    Asatoma sat gamaya, tamasoma jyotir gamaya, mrityorma anritam gamaya.

    "Christopher Adams" <mhacdebhandia@yahoo.invalid> wrote in message
    > Samy Merchi wrote:
    >> Some Guy wrote on 18 huhti 2005:
    >>
    >>> Didn't they change the name of Maelstrom to Stormwrack recently?
    >>> Or is it the other way around? Was it originally Stormwrack but
    >>> it's now Maelstrom?
    >>
    >> I hope it's the latter. Maelstrom is a cool name. Stormwrack is not.
    >
    > Your hopes are to be dashed like the children of the enemies of the
    > Israelites. They've changed the name *from* Maelstrom *to* Stormwrack.

    Lame. Big time lame. I liked the previous title for the Aberrations book
    better than the one they actually used, too.

    --

    Christopher Adams wrote:
    > Samy Merchi wrote:
    >
    >>Some Guy wrote on 18 huhti 2005:
    >>

    >>>Didn't they change the name of Maelstrom to Stormwrack recently?
    >>>Or is it the other way around? Was it originally Stormwrack but
    >>>it's now Maelstrom?
    >>
    >>I hope it's the latter. Maelstrom is a cool name. Stormwrack is not.
    >

    > Your hopes are to be dashed like the children of the enemies of the Israelites.
    > They've changed the name *from* Maelstrom *to* Stormwrack.
    >

    >>Does anybody know if Maelstrom will cover underwater as well, or is it
    >>just for surface aquatic stuff?
    >

    > Answer unclear, ask again later.

    Interestingly, the Amazon screen shot shows the cover of the book with
    the words
    "Maelstrom" clearly spelled out. I guess they're going to have to
    change that artwork
    as well...

    Malachias Invictus wrote:
    > Christopher Adams wrote:
    >> Samy Merchi wrote:
    >
    >>> I hope it's the latter. Maelstrom is a cool name. Stormwrack is not.
    >>
    >> Your hopes are to be dashed like the children of the enemies of the
    >> Israelites. They've changed the name *from* Maelstrom *to* Stormwrack.
    >
    > Lame. Big time lame. I liked the previous title for the Aberrations
    > book better than the one they actually used, too.

    Codex Anathema? Yes, it was cool. If they ever do a construct "ecology" that
    isn't called the Manual of Golems I'll cry.

    --

    > Malachias Invictus wrote:
    >> Christopher Adams wrote:

    >>> Your hopes are to be dashed like the children of the enemies of the
    >>> Israelites. They've changed the name *from* Maelstrom *to* Stormwrack.
    >>
    >> Lame. Big time lame. I liked the previous title for the Aberrations
    >> book better than the one they actually used, too.
    >
    > Codex Anathema? Yes, it was cool. If they ever do a construct "ecology"
    > that isn't called the Manual of Golems I'll cry.

    They will probably call it "When Robots Attack!"

    --
    ^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishment the scroll,