Hey, I Got A Question

Last response: in Video Games
April 8, 2005 8:46:27 PM

Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter wants
to either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to drive
it off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.

A. How much ramming damage would a charging sea critter do? (could be
any type, I'm looking for generic rules)

B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength (+2
for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one rower with
+2 per additional rower, or something else?

Thanks

More about : hey question

Anonymous
April 8, 2005 10:53:02 PM

Dormammu wrote:
> Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter wants
> to either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to drive
> it off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.
>
> A. How much ramming damage would a charging sea critter do? (could be
> any type, I'm looking for generic rules)

No idea =)

> B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength (+2
> for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one rower with
> +2 per additional rower, or something else?

I'd wouldn't think it'd be against the rowers at all, but rather against
the weight of the contents, and its seaworthiness.

Beyond that, I have no idea.

Interested to see if anyone comes up with something simple, though.

DWS
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 10:53:03 PM

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 18:53:02 -0500, David Serhienko
<david.serhienko@ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:

>Dormammu wrote:
>> Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter wants
>> to either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to drive
>> it off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.
>>
>> A. How much ramming damage would a charging sea critter do? (could be
>> any type, I'm looking for generic rules)
>
>No idea =)
>
>> B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength (+2
>> for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one rower with
>> +2 per additional rower, or something else?
>
>I'd wouldn't think it'd be against the rowers at all, but rather against
>the weight of the contents, and its seaworthiness.

The speed of the boat is an issue. The size of the boat is a major issue
(easier to push a dinghy than a frigate). Direction and distance to the
reef could be a factor (straight ahead vs. off to one side). Does the
boat have a rudder, or is it steered entirely by the rowers? (Probably
has a rudder; only a tiny rowboat would have no rudder.) If the PCs are
aware of the reef and try to pole themselves away from it, then it's a
matter of the strength of those trying to push, and the strength of the
poles (oars) themselves (can't use them very well if they're too short
to reach the reef).

>Beyond that, I have no idea.
>
>Interested to see if anyone comes up with something simple, though.
>
>DWS

[view this with a fixed-width font]
A B C
R ^ ^ ^
E | R | R |
E | E | E |
F | E B E |
| F O F |
| A |
| T |
B B
O O
A A
T T

Boat A can be forced onto its reef with very little work on the
monster's part. Boat B would need to be pushed nearly sideways by the
monster; not so easy. Boat C is not as hard as B but hard than A; plus,
since the reef is angled, there is also a matter of timing by the
monster.
--
auric underscore underscore at hotmail dot com
*****

David Serhienko wrote:
> Dormammu wrote:
>
>> Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter wants
>> to either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to
>> drive it off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.
>>
>> A. How much ramming damage would a charging sea critter do? (could
>> be any type, I'm looking for generic rules)
>

> No idea =)

I'm guessing, but I'd say it's like an unarmed strike (head butt) or
else a bite, like a killer whale biting a hole in the bottom of the boat.

>> B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength
>> (+2 for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one
>> rower with +2 per additional rower, or something else?
>

> I'd wouldn't think it'd be against the rowers at all, but rather against
> the weight of the contents, and its seaworthiness.
>
> Beyond that, I have no idea.
>
> Interested to see if anyone comes up with something simple, though.
>
> DWS

Since the boat is floating, its weight isn't really an issue. I mean,
the rowers are moving it, right, even though it weighs several tons.
They're just sort of pushing it along the surface of a less-resistive
medium than dry ground. But their strength is pushing it in the
direction they want it to go, and the beastie wants to use its strength
to push it another way, so I thought bull rush might be the best way to
do that, only which strength values do you use? I'm thinking about
using the beast's size mod and the vehicles on the check.
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 2:39:40 AM

Auric__ wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 18:53:02 -0500, David Serhienko
> <david.serhienko@ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:
>

>>Dormammu wrote:
>>
>>>Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter wants
>>>to either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to drive
>>>it off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.
>>>
>>>A. How much ramming damage would a charging sea critter do? (could be
>>>any type, I'm looking for generic rules)
>>
>>No idea =)
>>

>>>B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength (+2
>>>for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one rower with
>>>+2 per additional rower, or something else?
>>
>>I'd wouldn't think it'd be against the rowers at all, but rather against
>>the weight of the contents, and its seaworthiness.
>

> The speed of the boat is an issue. The size of the boat is a major issue
> (easier to push a dinghy than a frigate). Direction and distance to the
> reef could be a factor (straight ahead vs. off to one side). Does the
> boat have a rudder, or is it steered entirely by the rowers? (Probably
> has a rudder; only a tiny rowboat would have no rudder.) If the PCs are
> aware of the reef and try to pole themselves away from it, then it's a
> matter of the strength of those trying to push, and the strength of the
> poles (oars) themselves (can't use them very well if they're too short
> to reach the reef).

I figured I'd use the basic rules in the Arms & Equipment Guide, but
they don't say what damage is done by something like a giant sperm whale
ramming a rowboat, say.

>>Beyond that, I have no idea.
>>
>>Interested to see if anyone comes up with something simple, though.
>>
>>DWS
>

> [view this with a fixed-width font]
> A B C
> R ^ ^ ^
> E | R | R |
> E | E | E |
> F | E B E |
> | F O F |
> | A |
> | T |
> B B
> O O
> A A
> T T
>
> Boat A can be forced onto its reef with very little work on the
> monster's part. Boat B would need to be pushed nearly sideways by the
> monster; not so easy. Boat C is not as hard as B but hard than A; plus,
> since the reef is angled, there is also a matter of timing by the
> monster.

Yeah, but would you use Bull Rush? Whose Strength would you use?
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 8:04:50 AM

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 22:39:40 -0700, Dormammu
<Dormammu@thedarkdimension.com> wrote:

>Auric__ wrote:
>> On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 18:53:02 -0500, David Serhienko
>> <david.serhienko@ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:

>>>No idea =)

>>>I'd wouldn't think it'd be against the rowers at all, but rather against
>>>the weight of the contents, and its seaworthiness.
>>

>> The speed of the boat is an issue. The size of the boat is a major issue
>> (easier to push a dinghy than a frigate). Direction and distance to the
>> reef could be a factor (straight ahead vs. off to one side). Does the
>> boat have a rudder, or is it steered entirely by the rowers? (Probably
>> has a rudder; only a tiny rowboat would have no rudder.) If the PCs are
>> aware of the reef and try to pole themselves away from it, then it's a
>> matter of the strength of those trying to push, and the strength of the
>> poles (oars) themselves (can't use them very well if they're too short
>> to reach the reef).
>>

>I figured I'd use the basic rules in the Arms & Equipment Guide, but
>they don't say what damage is done by something like a giant sperm whale
>ramming a rowboat, say.

The results of that particular pairing would depend on the type of
campaign you're running.

Realistically, an adult sperm whale (or any large whale) would have no
problem destroying a rowboat, whether rushing it or whatever. The whale
could come straight up from below and physically launch the boat into
the air, distance depending upon weight of passengers & cargo and the
size & strength of the whale. The whale could possibly slap the boat
with its tail and *maybe* drive it under - or capsize it by flipping it
with the tail from underneath. A toothed whale could even bite a large
chunk out of the hull.

OTOH, for a high fantasy campaign, the whale should swallow the boat -
including passengers and cargo - whole and undamaged, if it (the whale)
is large enough and the boat is small enough (think Pinocchio or Baron
Munchausen).

>>>Beyond that, I have no idea.
>>>
>>>Interested to see if anyone comes up with something simple, though.
>>>
>>>DWS
>>

>> [view this with a fixed-width font]
>> A B C
>> R ^ ^ ^
>> E | R | R |
>> E | E | E |
>> F | E B E |
>> | F O F |
>> | A |
>> | T |
>> B B
>> O O
>> A A
>> T T
>>
>> Boat A can be forced onto its reef with very little work on the
>> monster's part. Boat B would need to be pushed nearly sideways by the
>> monster; not so easy. Boat C is not as hard as B but hard than A; plus,
>> since the reef is angled, there is also a matter of timing by the
>> monster.
>
>Yeah, but would you use Bull Rush? Whose Strength would you use?

For pushing the boat it would be a strength check of some sort, but not
a rush. A "rush" would seem to indicate the intention to do sudden
damage, not a possibly prolonged push. I think it would be the strength
of the monster vs. the part of the total strength of the rowers ("part
of" because of the nature of rowing itself) - say half the total, or
less.

Caveat: I am entirely unfamiliar with rules later than 2nd ed., and
don't have much beyond the core rules - meaning I don't know what a
"Bull Rush" is - and I have never dealt with water-borne battles of this
nature. (My groups dealt with pirates, and rarely, at that. The one
battle against a large beast was a plot device; the PCs weren't allowed
to win.)
--
auric underscore underscore at hotmail dot com
*****
DISC READ ERROR - PLEASE REBOOT USENET
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 11:27:25 AM

Dormammu wrote:
> Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter
wants
> to either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to
drive
> it off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.
>
> A. How much ramming damage would a charging sea critter do? (could
be
> any type, I'm looking for generic rules)

Slam damage by size (1d6 for medium, 1d8 for large, etc. plus str mod)
vs the hardness and hitpoints of the material of the boat.
Because we're talking about a boat, let's say that it starts taking
water at half hp, and that it starts sinking, slowly, at one quarter.

> B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength
(+2
> for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one rower
with
> +2 per additional rower, or something else?

Eyeball total weight of boat plus rowers.
If the critter has enough strength to "push or drag" the boat, it
manages to push it 5ft per round in its desired direction.
If its strength would be enough to "pick up" the boat and be heavily
encumbered or less, it can take double moves while pushing the boat, at
the appropriate encumbrance level.

Silveraxe.
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 11:54:36 AM

Dormammu <Dormammu@thedarkdimension.com> wrote:
> David Serhienko wrote:
>> Dormammu wrote:
>>
>>> Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter wants
>>> to either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to
>>> drive it off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.
>
>>> B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength
>>> (+2 for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one
>>> rower with +2 per additional rower, or something else?
>>
>> I'd wouldn't think it'd be against the rowers at all, but rather against
>> the weight of the contents, and its seaworthiness.
>>
>> Beyond that, I have no idea.
>
> Since the boat is floating, its weight isn't really an issue. I mean,
> the rowers are moving it, right, even though it weighs several tons.
> They're just sort of pushing it along the surface of a less-resistive
> medium than dry ground. But their strength is pushing it in the
> direction they want it to go, and the beastie wants to use its strength
> to push it another way, so I thought bull rush might be the best way to
> do that, only which strength values do you use? I'm thinking about
> using the beast's size mod and the vehicles on the check.

If you're pushing the boat off course, I suppose you're opposing the rowers,
but if you're trying to sink it, the rowers don't matter, just the size
and strength of the boat.

When pushing the boat, I'd add the strength of all rowers, but give them
some serious penalty because rowing isn't the most officient way of
propulsion, while the water creature is (presumably) built for swimming.
One guy on the shore holding a line has little trouble stopping a boat
with several rowers. So maybe divide the rowers' strength by 4 or
something like that. Maybe more, even. I also think each additional
rower should add less strength than the previous one, but you may not
care about that level of realism.

mcv.
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 6:47:07 PM

"Dormammu" <Dormammu@thedarkdimension.com> wrote in message
> Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter wants
> to either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to drive
> it off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.
>
> A. How much ramming damage would a charging sea critter do? (could be
> any type, I'm looking for generic rules)
>
> B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength (+2
> for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one rower with
> +2 per additional rower, or something else?

Ok, I'm assuming a Launch or equivalent from AEG and I'm not going to
modify any of the numbers there. I think we can add a few though.

An animal unless extremely intelligent is going to butt against the side
of the boat. Given the launch as about 15 feet in length, divide the boat
into 3 sections of 5 feet each. Note the turning point in the diagram.
I think the equivalent of a grapple check would determine if the boat is
hit.
This seems to be the best compromise in doing damage and "grabbing" the
boat.

There is a 1d3 chance of being pushed sideways, or turned 90 degrees
as the water creature hits or passes. Number from the bow to stern
for the purpose of what part is hit. The direction of the attack then
determines which direction the boat is left facing. The boat is stopped
in the water for 1 round while they turn the boat back on course and
continue rowing. If pushed sideways with a center hit, roll 1d3 for every
20 feet to see if the push is maintained or the boat turns. The oarsmen
may deliberately turn the boat and only move 10 feet sideways but lose
a round turning back on course. The boat is pushed sideways at 1/4th
normal forward speed.

If the creature hits hard enough, the boat is dealt damage as if attacked.
This is not a ramming action it is a controlling or wrestling type action.
On the other hand, a smaller creature may also be trying to do damage
by ramming. or a larger creature may do damage by accident. Perhaps
1d4 chance of ramming damage on a failed grapple.

When the creature misses, a 180 degree turn is needed followed by
a straight line of at least 30 feet and another 180 degree turn before
the creature can attempt the attack again. Turning ability of the monster
and size factors will determine just how much room is needed for
a repeated attack to happen. This can be calculated ahead of time
and add maybe 1d4 rounds to keep the players guessing a bit
and allow for defensive action by those in the boat.

This concept can be expanded for larger boats and small ships, but even
a whale is unlikely to move the larger ships much. Obviously turning a ship
will take longer than turning a small boat and relative size will make a big
difference in how fast or how much a boat turns or moves.You can do some
experiments in a sink or bathtub with water and a piece of wood or a toy
boat.
Note how quickly it turns when pushed sideways with a finger. Don't
try to keep it from turning as that would require a much more delicate
control to balance the push. I'll stop playing with my icecubes now. :)

Even the above suggestion is about half theory. I've never hit anything
or been hit with anything in a boat other than a gentle bump at the docks.
I do know you can quickly turn a rowboat on a dime so 1 round seems
reasonable for that. I'd have to play it out on paper to see how well it
works.
Larger ships would turn much slower and may even alter the course
of a large creature. Highly maneuverable monsters might have a shorter
turn around time for repeated attacks. Lots of details that may change for
a specific encounter. I think it could be expanded for a generic encounter
using monster size vs. boat size etc. To much work for a quick post.
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 2:08:15 AM

Reference above posts for lead into this reply:

From a person who's had the not-so-pleasurable expierience of having a 15
foot boat (riding in it, thankfully not mine) clobbered by a Ski-Doo jetski
I can tell you that a waterborn creature coming at you from sea level would
most definitely be like Bull Rush. As for ruling suggestions. Ergh, I'd say
that they're probably both taking damage most of the damage going, of
course, to the defender; again referncing my charming boating experience.
But to get anymore specific would require more than my D20 skills currently
provide.

Above or below, from below I think that breaching would be a pretty
effective way for a large sea creature to capsize a vessel.
Just in case: Breaching is where a creature, like the whale, swims to the
surface at high speed to 'fly' mostly out of the water then crash back into
it.
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 2:08:16 AM

"Jerry Chesko" <res7g0hd@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Reference above posts for lead into this reply:
>
> From a person who's had the not-so-pleasurable expierience of having a 15
> foot boat (riding in it, thankfully not mine) clobbered by a Ski-Doo
jetski
> I can tell you that a waterborn creature coming at you from sea level
would
> most definitely be like Bull Rush. As for ruling suggestions. Ergh, I'd
say
> that they're probably both taking damage most of the damage going, of
> course, to the defender; again referncing my charming boating experience.
> But to get anymore specific would require more than my D20 skills
currently
> provide.

All I can say is Ouch! :)  At least we have some verification on what
a high speed impact might do. Some of the higher speed water creatures
might use ramming/bull rush as an attack option. Ramming is in the AEG
and bull rush would be a likely substitute for a monster.

My previous post was with the intent of pushing rather than killing the
boat.
If I remember right, a launch only has 30 hp so it is pretty fragile against
something with much size and the intent to kill. This could work for small
sailboats also. Maneuverability of a sailboat would suffer more since 90
degrees would take the wind out of the sails. Maybe 2 rounds to recover
for a small sailboat.

The scenario might be that a number of small boats have been crashing
into the rocks along a certain shore. PC's are conned into investigating.
Survivor accounts may be just a shadow in the water. Our bright PC's
go for a boat ride...

Think of how the encounter would play out with some sort of water monster
pushing a boat into the rocks as the PC's try to defend against it. "A
shadow
approaches in the water and nudges the boat nearer to the rocky shoreline."
"The shadow in the water appears again and turns the boat into/away from
shore."
All the while, movements toward safety are frustrated or reduced. Perhaps
the PC's, depending on available light, will even be able to identify the
"attacker".
Perhaps this is followed by an underwater encounter. Strange events are what
make some encounters much more interesting. It isn't a typical hack and
slash
but it isn't a lot of role-playing either. The attacks would seem to be
against the
boats rather than the PC's themselves.

This needs more work yet for a complete solution.
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 5:52:54 AM

"Dormammu" <Dormammu@thedarkdimension.com> wrote in message
> Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter wants to
> either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to drive it
> off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.
>
> A. How much ramming damage would a charging sea critter do? (could be
> any type, I'm looking for generic rules)
>
> B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength (+2
> for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one rower with
> +2 per additional rower, or something else?

I am willing to bet the Maelstrom supplement will address this when it comes
out. For now, just wing it.

--
^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll,
I am the Master of my fate:
I am the Captain of my soul.

April 17, 2005 9:40:40 PM

Malachias Invictus wrote:
> "Dormammu" <Dormammu@thedarkdimension.com> wrote in message
>
>>Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter wants to
>>either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to drive it
>>off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.
>>
>>A. How much ramming damage would a charging sea critter do? (could be
>>any type, I'm looking for generic rules)
>>
>>B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength (+2
>>for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one rower with
>>+2 per additional rower, or something else?
>

> I am willing to bet the Maelstrom supplement will address this when it comes
> out. For now, just wing it.

Didn't they change the name of Maelstrom to Stormwrack recently?

Amazon has the former:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0786936894/qid=1...

The Wizards site has the latter:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndacc/17...

Or is it the other way around? Was it originally Stormwrack but it's
now Maelstrom?
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 9:47:00 PM

Dormammu wrote:
> Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter wants
> to either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to drive
> it off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.
>
> A. How much ramming damage would a charging sea critter do? (could be
> any type, I'm looking for generic rules)

You're thinking of the "Moby Dick crushes rowboat" kind of thing, right?
Why not treat it as a vehicle doing ramming damage based on speed,
just like in the A.E.G.?

> B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength (+2
> for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one rower with
> +2 per additional rower, or something else?
>
> Thanks

I tend to think, since the boat can't fight back, you wouldn't use those
rules at all.
Use simple weight movement rules, e.g. how much does the boat weigh
versus the
creature's STR rating, modified by the non-resisting surface, and let
the creature
make a double move if it wants with any remaining movement it has left.
On the
boat's turn, it can do its own double move away from the creature based
on how
many rowers you have (or the wind speed, etc. for sailing vessels).
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 4:21:17 AM

Some Guy wrote:
> Dormammu wrote:
>
>> Let's say your characters are rowing a boat and some big critter wants
>> to either ram the boat and sink it or bull rush the boat to try to
>> drive it off course into the dangerous reefs nearby.
>>
>> A. How much ramming damage would a charging sea critter do? (could
>> be any type, I'm looking for generic rules)
>>

> You're thinking of the "Moby Dick crushes rowboat" kind of thing, right?
> Why not treat it as a vehicle doing ramming damage based on speed,
> just like in the A.E.G.?
>
>> B. How would you run the bull rush? Would it be critter's strength
>> (+2 for charging) versus one rower, versus all rowers, versus one
>> rower with +2 per additional rower, or something else?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> I tend to think, since the boat can't fight back, you wouldn't use those
> rules at all.
> Use simple weight movement rules, e.g. how much does the boat weigh
> versus the
> creature's STR rating, modified by the non-resisting surface, and let
> the creature
> make a double move if it wants with any remaining movement it has left.
> On the
> boat's turn, it can do its own double move away from the creature based
> on how
> many rowers you have (or the wind speed, etc. for sailing vessels).

So the rowers don't have any effect? That don't seem sporting, to me.
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 5:16:17 AM

Some Guy <someguy@thedoor.gov> wrote on 18 huhti 2005:

> Didn't they change the name of Maelstrom to Stormwrack recently?
> Or is it the other way around? Was it originally Stormwrack but
> it's now Maelstrom?

I hope it's the latter. Maelstrom is a cool name. Stormwrack is not.

Does anybody know if Maelstrom will cover underwater as well, or is it
just for surface aquatic stuff?

--
Samy Merchi | samy@iki.fi | http://www.iki.fi/samy | #152235689
Reader of superhero comic books, writer of superhero fanfiction

Samy Merchi wrote:
> Some Guy wrote on 18 huhti 2005:
>
>> Didn't they change the name of Maelstrom to Stormwrack recently?
>> Or is it the other way around? Was it originally Stormwrack but
>> it's now Maelstrom?
>
> I hope it's the latter. Maelstrom is a cool name. Stormwrack is not.

Your hopes are to be dashed like the children of the enemies of the Israelites.
They've changed the name *from* Maelstrom *to* Stormwrack.

> Does anybody know if Maelstrom will cover underwater as well, or is it
> just for surface aquatic stuff?

Answer unclear, ask again later.

--
Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you

Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Asatoma sat gamaya, tamasoma jyotir gamaya, mrityorma anritam gamaya.
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 12:38:59 PM

"Christopher Adams" <mhacdebhandia@yahoo.invalid> wrote in message
> Samy Merchi wrote:
>> Some Guy wrote on 18 huhti 2005:
>>
>>> Didn't they change the name of Maelstrom to Stormwrack recently?
>>> Or is it the other way around? Was it originally Stormwrack but
>>> it's now Maelstrom?
>>
>> I hope it's the latter. Maelstrom is a cool name. Stormwrack is not.
>
> Your hopes are to be dashed like the children of the enemies of the
> Israelites. They've changed the name *from* Maelstrom *to* Stormwrack.

Lame. Big time lame. I liked the previous title for the Aberrations book
better than the one they actually used, too.

--
^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll,
I am the Master of my fate:
I am the Captain of my soul.

April 18, 2005 8:58:10 PM

Christopher Adams wrote:
> Samy Merchi wrote:
>
>>Some Guy wrote on 18 huhti 2005:
>>

>>>Didn't they change the name of Maelstrom to Stormwrack recently?
>>>Or is it the other way around? Was it originally Stormwrack but
>>>it's now Maelstrom?
>>
>>I hope it's the latter. Maelstrom is a cool name. Stormwrack is not.
>

> Your hopes are to be dashed like the children of the enemies of the Israelites.
> They've changed the name *from* Maelstrom *to* Stormwrack.
>

>>Does anybody know if Maelstrom will cover underwater as well, or is it
>>just for surface aquatic stuff?
>

> Answer unclear, ask again later.

Interestingly, the Amazon screen shot shows the cover of the book with
the words
"Maelstrom" clearly spelled out. I guess they're going to have to
change that artwork
as well...
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 12:41:09 PM

Malachias Invictus wrote:
> Christopher Adams wrote:
>> Samy Merchi wrote:
>
>>> I hope it's the latter. Maelstrom is a cool name. Stormwrack is not.
>>
>> Your hopes are to be dashed like the children of the enemies of the
>> Israelites. They've changed the name *from* Maelstrom *to* Stormwrack.
>
> Lame. Big time lame. I liked the previous title for the Aberrations
> book better than the one they actually used, too.

Codex Anathema? Yes, it was cool. If they ever do a construct "ecology" that
isn't called the Manual of Golems I'll cry.

--
Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you
understand?
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/mhacdebhandia/prestigec...
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/mhacdebhandia/templatel...

Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Asatoma sat gamaya, tamasoma jyotir gamaya, mrityorma anritam gamaya.
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 12:41:10 PM

> Malachias Invictus wrote:
>> Christopher Adams wrote:

>>> Your hopes are to be dashed like the children of the enemies of the
>>> Israelites. They've changed the name *from* Maelstrom *to* Stormwrack.
>>
>> Lame. Big time lame. I liked the previous title for the Aberrations
>> book better than the one they actually used, too.
>
> Codex Anathema? Yes, it was cool. If they ever do a construct "ecology"
> that isn't called the Manual of Golems I'll cry.

They will probably call it "When Robots Attack!"