File & Printer Sharing

I can't share printers or files on my wireless network.
The internet sharing works fine but although I've checked
sharing on the files and printers, can't do it. Did
something change when I installed XP service pack 2?

joker

Do you have a software firewall other then the one that Windows XP comes
with?

Mike H. wrote:

> I can't share printers or files on my wireless network.
> The internet sharing works fine but although I've checked
> sharing on the files and printers, can't do it. Did
> something change when I installed XP service pack 2?

assistance.

time.

Are they on the same workjgroup?

Steve

"Mike H." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't share printers or files on my wireless network.
> The internet sharing works fine but although I've checked
> sharing on the files and printers, can't do it. Did
> something change when I installed XP service pack 2?

Yes, they are in the same workgroup.

Norton Internet Security. I'll take a look at it's
configuration.

you directly for
>assistance.
>
>If your question is worth asking, it's worth posting.
>
>If it's not worth posting you should have done a search
on
>http://www.google.com/ http://www.google.com/grphp?
hl=en&tab=wg&q= or
>http://news.google.com/froogle?hl=en&tab=nf&ned=us&q=
before wasting our
>time.
>.

joker

I'd bet that is most likely where the problem is coming from.

The only software firewall I've ever seen to not cause problems is the
Windows XP firewall. All other software firewalls have a tendency to
become configured in such a way as the Internet or networking no longer
functions correctly.

Mike H. wrote:

> Norton Internet Security. I'll take a look at it's
> configuration.

assistance.

time.

Jim

My problem concerning getting my desktop to be seen by the two laptops, all
using xp, was that the desktop had a Mcafee privacy setting that blocked any
sharing from that computer. Once I reset that I could see the desktop, and
also the desktop could see the laptops. I believe about the time this
problem started, about two weeks ago I updated the software and registered
it.

Jim