AMD Duron on Asus a7a266 w/ onboard sound problem

G

Like in the topic, I have an AMD Duron 950mhz on an Asus A7A266 128 133mhz ram. and every other time i turn it on, it will not send a signal to the monitor. the times that it doesnt send a display, it wont turn off on the power button unless i hold down the power button for 4 seconds. but the times it does give a display, it turns off fine w/ power button.

But also, when it does send a display signal, it boots up right into the bios, so i tweaked the CPU settings, so that it doesnt boot up right into the bios anymore.

After i fixed that problem, i still only get a display every other time, but it doesnt boot up right into the bios, it does the auto detection for the primary and secondary ide devices, then it freezes right there.

I've been messing with this junk FOREVER. ANY HELP IS APPRECAITED!! Save me!! hehe.

-Josh

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
Have you made sure that everything is seated properly. Also check all jumpers on motherboard and on the ide devices, check for master slave and such. Also clear the cmos. Remove all cables and plug them back in. Take the ram out and put it back in. Take all the cards out and put them back in. Just try this and then tell us what happens.

Nice <b><font color=green>Lizards</b></font color=green> <b>crunch</b> Trolls cookies....... :smile: Yummy!! :smile: