LF: Cheap, Lightweight Portable Device

I'm looking for a cheap portable notebook or tablet device that I can do things like post on social networking, browse and manage multiple websites, some graphics design (very light), website coding.

We have an IPad v1 at the house and I used it some, but some of my needs it doesn't meet. We all have a DELL Vostro 1720 17" notebook, but have found it to be too large and clunky to take around.

So, I'm looking for something VERY Portable and yet fast for what I need.

I've looked at the MacBook Air as they seem REALLY portable. However, with anything apple they are expensive.

Right now I'm more used to coding and design on a Windows PC, but am familiar with the MAC side of things as well. I know MAC software is usually a little bit better on the design side of things.

Thoughts Or Suggestion. I would really like to stay at $500-$1000 range.
2 answers Last reply
More about cheap lightweight portable device
  1. Hello rlu929s;

Toward the top end of your budget: Lenovo ThinkPad X220 12.5-inch Ultra-portable Laptop $854 (basic configuration)
    Core i5-2410M 2GB RAM (1 stick) 250GB, Win7 Pro, 12.5" 1366x768 LCD w/ HD 3000 graphics
    You may want to add the Bluetooth option @ $20 extra. And possibly the larger 9 cell battery depending on how your plan to use the laptop.

Lenovo ThinkPad X220 review
Ask a new question

Read More

Portable Device Laptops