Hands On With HP's Firebird Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymous x

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008
[citation][nom]Greg_77[/nom]This thing is way overpriced. If you are going to go pre-built, their are way better deals than this.[/citation]
are your "way better builds" this small and compact?

VoodooDan

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
VoodooDan from HP here.

From a scalability standpoint Firebird is very modular. First, we wanted to make sure there’s enough expansion and features on the main system. So for example, the high end system comes with almost everything most of our customers ask for: quad core processor, 640 gigs storage, blue ray, creative labs x-fi, SLI, plus a hybrid GPU. We even went as far as to add wireless ethernet – all of this on a small square PCB.

The added options come from things such as the Xpress Card slot, and there are options you can buy. There are multiple USB ports (6), and two ESATA ports, HDMI plus a dual link DVI. We aimed to build something that wasn’t lacking very much at all.

Thanks for the feedback – and let me know if you have additional questions. I’m here to help.

G

We find it surprising that 1TB is not a request that you got from "most of your customers". When can we expect increased storage capacity and support for i7? I am glad you there to help us.

G

Help me understand this statement:
"The system comes with two PCIe x8 MXM slots and two PCIe x1 mini socket slots, although both the PCIe x8 MXM slots are occupied by the two graphics cards. There are no traditional PCIe or PCI slots available, so the system's upgradability seems a bit limited."

Later .. if I decide to get a new Graphics solution .. are you saying I Can't remove the two graphics cards and 'upgrade' them? Why not? How are the two (empty) PCIe x1 Mini sockets 'limited'?

G

Why can't this system supports more than 8gb of Memory???
The lights are extremely annoying and there is no way to turn them off other than unplugin them from the mother board. What about an BIOS update to fix tons of bug issues w/ this system???

G

can the firebird 802 be upgraded to an external video card such as nvidia 9400GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.