Sign in with
Your question

How to fix Disk0 Hard drive error

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
May 14, 2010 9:24:30 PM

Disk0
Your HDD has the SMART Predict Failure function which monitors the HDD operating status. Your HDD is experiencing a problem and SMART monitoring software predicts that the HDD will fail. Toshiba strongly recommends you create a back-up for your HDD data. Then contact an authorized service provider in order to check your drive and purchase a new replacement drive if necessary.

Is the error that I am recieving on my PC and it is a Toshiba P505 S8980 and it requires me to press F! at start up to use the pc cause it says the PC has Identified an error with the HDD (Hard Drive) and the SMART system suggest to partner with my manufature to fix the issue.

I have ran several test with a tune up tool and it says that my P.C. is opperating correctly and it is running just fine but the error will not go away and I am starting to worry that the Hard Drive is failing because of this message. It is still under warrenty and I have contact Toshiba and they want me to send it back to fix the issue cause their IT cannot help but I dont want to have to start all over again by reinstalling all my programs etc...

I have them all back up on an external hard drive but it is a pain to reload everything. If I have to do it I will but my computer will not let me reset to factory settings either and I am lost on this one.
May 14, 2010 9:47:50 PM

Your HDD is most likely on the verge of death, it's worth sending it back in before it finally does kick the bucket.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 14, 2010 11:37:05 PM

If your hdd fails you will need to send it in anyway so why take the risk.
You could create an image of the drive or partition and restore to the new drive saving the hassle of reinstalling.
m
l
May 22, 2012 6:32:23 AM

Quote:
Disk0
Your HDD has the SMART Predict Failure function which monitors the HDD operating status. Your HDD is experiencing a problem and SMART monitoring software predicts that the HDD will fail. Toshiba strongly recommends you create a back-up for your HDD data. Then contact an authorized service provider in order to check your drive and purchase a new replacement drive if necessary.

Is the error that I am recieving on my PC and it is a Toshiba P505 S8980 and it requires me to press F! at start up to use the pc cause it says the PC has Identified an error with the HDD (Hard Drive) and the SMART system suggest to partner with my manufature to fix the issue.

I have ran several test with a tune up tool and it says that my P.C. is opperating correctly and it is running just fine but the error will not go away and I am starting to worry that the Hard Drive is failing because of this message. It is still under warrenty and I have contact Toshiba and they want me to send it back to fix the issue cause their IT cannot help but I dont want to have to start all over again by reinstalling all my programs etc...

I have them all back up on an external hard drive but it is a pain to reload everything. If I have to do it I will but my computer will not let me reset to factory settings either and I am lost on this one.

m
l
Related resources
!