HP Pavilion DV6 battery charger question/help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lixah

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
Hey, so ive had my HP pavilion DV6 for awhile now, and recently it will not charge, at all, the lights do not blink, nothing. except the battery charger beeps quietly, always (if plugged in to the wall) it beeps every ~1 second or so constantly when plugged in to the power socket (with or without being plugged into the laptop) so im presuming its the problem.

So basically i wanted to know if anyone could point me in the right direction, i want a genuine HP charger (unless the price is mad different), im in the UK, so UK delivery, and UK socket, any help is appreciated.

sorry if this is in the wrong section, if i've missed any information, please ask.

Any help is appreciated,

-Lixah :)

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
goto Amazon.uk and search for your notebook model with the keyword Adapter in the search, you should get a good deal and at least an idea where to go. just dont get one of the " universal" adapters they never seem to work out long term.
also, before buying anything, look around and see if someone else has a similar enough adapter to test with and be sure that is the problem.
a short in the system power circuits internal can cause the same symptoms.

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
probably a failed power supply, but without testing I could not say for sure. I would still find an alternate power supply and test the laptop for damage and function before i invested any money.

lixah

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
i brought a power adaptor from amazon, yet it didn't fit and i had to send it back, so, can someone tell me exactly what spec charger i'm looking for to make this easier please? eg output power watts/input etc... and anything i'll need to find a charger - thanks.

-Lixah

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007

the model number is on the old charger!

Status
Not open for further replies.