Cooling the freak'in CPU...help!!?!..

G

I have a AMD TB 1.13 Ghz processer, yet i run it at 850 only (200 FSB) because of the heat problems with the cpu (that's old news man...!), have a FOP-32 fan(oh..it's only running at 4440 rpm..anyway to increase it to 4800?)...but with no chasis fan or any other fans(going to get one or more soon)...at 850 it's rather disturbing that i'm running at 50 degress..(at 1.13 its 57 ..and it's not on full load).so the question is...by how many degress would the temp fall if i were to add a chasis fan...and a fan that sucks out hot air...anyway anyone out there know of an effective method to cool down the CPU besides changing the cpu fan or using artic silver thermal paste ( i can't seem to find any of these in this region )...?

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
What about water cooling?? What region are you in anyways?

Nice <b><font color=green>Lizards</b></font color=green> <b>crunch</b> Trolls cookies....... :smile: Yummy!! :smile:

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Increase voltage to your fan may increase the RPM

Adding case fans always helps lower CPU temp. be sure to remove obsticles from air flow, a HD cable can render a 80mm fan useless.

njeske

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2001
I have the 1.13GHz processor as well. I have it OC'd to 1.2GHz with just a generic CollerMaster HSF and two 80mm case fans.

Where are you getting your temps. from? Is it a motherboard monitoring program or from your BIOS? Either way, some boards are known to mis-report CPU temps, so it could be that you aren't as hot as you think you are. Adding case fans is always a good idea though.

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i should think temps will drop by at least 5 degrees with a single fan then about 2 degrees per fan until you have 4 fans, any more than that wont make more than 0.5-1 degrees difference

if in doubt blame microsoft...