AMD or INTEL,,, Fighting like a kids

ahw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Everyone have his/her own opinion about which processor is the best. The competition between AMD & Intel is very important for us. If the AMD or Intel become like Cyrix or NexGen, all of us (both AMD and Intel Fans) will lose.

When i see someone trying to show each small disadvantage of the CPU he dislike I realy feel Laughing.

Schmide

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
I own 4 Intel and 5, soon to be 6, AMD puters. Their always mangling packets at each other on the network, I swear they gang up on each other. Guess it’s just in their nature.

Schmide

dhlucke

Polypheme
Maybe it's time to get a Macintosh on that network so that they have a common enemy :)

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

FatBurger

Illustrious
rofl
That's funny. Strangely enough, my parents Dell and my Tbird and Duron systems play nicely together. I guess because it's a Dell, it forgot it's roots ;)

But good idea, dhlucke. Hmm...would be kinda cool to add a Mac to my little home network so I could practice hacking them.

<font color=green>In memory of all the Americans that died 9/11/01
Rest in peace</font color=green>

jmcpherson

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2001
AHW - i agree... people should realize that there is no "good guy" or "bad guy" here... only a fool does not realize the benefit of competition and wishes the demise of either AMD or Intel.

whats a signature?

G

Via only makes chipsets right? NO! They bought Cyrix a while ago and now make the C3, which is the second revision of the M3.

I'd like to point out several advantages of this processor...

(1) as compared to a recent THG article featuring melted Athlons and crashing Pentiums, the C3 is designed to run with no heatsink/Passively cooled.

(2) It was the first processor to be manufactured on the .13 core process. AMD and Intel are way behind in this technology.

(3) When you think about it the processor should be pretty good as a file server. I know it has a drawback in its FPU but the fact that it is dirt cheap should make up for that.

In any case its a decent Celeron/Duron competitor.

Right?

(Now you know what a signiature is)
+
+
+ + +
+ + +
+++
+

:eek: <font color=blue>I for one run Quake 3 on a P133(No MMX)</font color=blue>I have no affiliatioin w/ Intel