Problems Installing Wireless Network Adapter

Hi -

I am having trouble get my MN-510 network adapter to work
on a newly installed Win XP in an IBM ThinkPad.

After I go through the initial set up of the network
adapter (connecting it to another networking device) via
the Wizard, and start the Broadband Network Utility, I
expected that, under the Tools Menu, I would see that the
Network Adapater would have found the wireless network,
and when I configure the WEP key, I will get an
association.

No success. SSID comes up as a bunch of square boxes

It comes up with Computer Settings, which has Network
Adapter, Wireless, and Wireless Security Tabs. Under the
Wireless Tab, I see Network with a wireless base station,
and Computer-to-computer network with SSID as a bunch of
squares.

On another XP machine (Dell) I had no problems at all.

Don't use the BNU, uninstall it. Windows XP has a fairly
good built in utility that will do all that for you.