Hello everyone, Im looking to buy a new laptop, mostly for work, but some potential light gaming. i already have a gaming desktop, so im not looking for anything too powerful. Any help would be appreciated!
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
13 -15.6 inches
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Lower is better as it would be less demanding for games, maybe 1366x768
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I want to play the majority of current games at low settings at native resolution and usually get 30 fps.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
at least 150 gb
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
as long as it works, maybe 3-4 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Finding discrete graphics under $600 is a challenge. If you were able to raise your budget to about $700, you could get a pretty decent grphics card, but then you'd have to be concerned with battery life.
I'd say look for something with an optimus chipset, so when surfing or idling you'd use the integrated graphics and for gaming you could switch to the dedicated video.
Have you looked at the Alienware m11x? Its smaller than you were looking for but it is very portable, great battery life and very gaming capable. The i5 version is $1000, but the older SU7300 (which is actually better on battery life) starts at $600.