Satellite L775-11E or Vostro 3750

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEVERDIE

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Hello there.
Im in a bad position now, checking the market to buy a laptop for a general use.
I do gaming but not a real gamer i dont mind playing on low or medium quality.
I have to choose beetwen these 2 laptops i found so far.
Dell Vostro 3750.
http://www.dell.com/uk/business/p/vostro-3750/pd
SPECS

Intel® Core™ i5-2410M 2.3GHz
Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Services, 15-month
4096MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM
17.3 inch High Definition LED Display (1600 X 900) with anti-glare
LCD Back Cover : Silver
320GB (7,200rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive
Intel® Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator HD
8X DVD+/-RW Drive including software
Palmrest : Fingerprint Reader Biometric
Integrated 2.0 Mega Pixel Camera
Internal Backlit Keyboard
Primary 6-cell 48 WHr Lithium Ion battery

And

Toshiba Satellite L775-11E
http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/product/Satellite-L775-11E/1106669/toshibaShop/false/#0
Intel® Core™ i5-2410M Processor
- 6144 MB (4096 +2048) DDR3 RAM (1333MHZ)
43.9cm (17.3") TruBrite® HD+ (1600 x 900) High Brightness display with 16 : 9 aspect ratio and LED backlight technology
Hard disk capacity : 640 GB drive rotation : 5,400 rpm
ype : Intel® HD Graphics 3000
8X DVD+/-RW Drive including software
Palmrest : Fingerprint Reader Biometric
Integrated 2.0 Mega Pixel Camera
Internal Backlit Keyboard
Primary 6-cell 48 WHr Lithium Ion battery

I know there are diference in hdd and ram but i can upgrade them later.

They all have a final price of around 500 pounds so if know any better let me know thanks

Dell's business laptops (especially the service) tend to be leaps and bounds above the Inspiron lines. The Vostro has a Magnesium body which will make it more durable than what appears to be plastic in the Toshiba.

As for gaming, neither will provide you will a very good experience since they are both integrated cards (built into the CPU actually). You can play games like Battle Field Bad Company 2 or COD MW2 on low settings and low resolutions. Games like WoW and Starcraft II may be playable on medium.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-3000.37948.0.html

NEVERDIE

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
currently i have an dell optiplex 745 whit a pentium D 2.8 , 3 GB of ram, a 320 gb hdd, and a low power consumption xfx 9600 gt and the original psu, and i use mostly beetwen low and medium on games.
can someone let me know of a laptop which will be an upgrade for this pc.

Thank you.

I'm not foolish enough to equate durability with reliability. When the Vostro first came out they had some problems with grainy screens and audio problems. So can you tell me what a magnesium body has to do with ensuring the reliability of the other components and the assembly quality of the notebook?

Don't jump down my throat for offering an opinion. Personally, durability is part of reliability. Obviously, a laptop cannot be considered reliable if the chassis breaks. Sorry, that's just my opinion. Go ahead and get angry at it again.

Nope, I'm done arguing. I said in my earlier post that neither machine is going to be overly good for gaming, so you may want to consider some other options that have dedicated graphics cards.

My personal opinion is that the Dell is the better machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.