I´m new to this forum and website, but I´ve been reading around some time back.
So I´m planning in getting myself a new laptop, but I´ve heard different opinions about wich brand is better or wich should I get, I don´t have a huge budget, it´s 700$ max, between 600$ and 700$. Right now I don´t really have a clue on wich laptops are the best, I don´t know very much about them So any help would be appreciated!
1. What is your budget? Between 500 and 700 $
3. What screen resolution do you want? don´t know. You tell me. I do want something smaller than 17 inches
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Not pretty sure what this means, but this could be my main work system (?) I also have a desktop but´s not very powerfull.
5. How much battery life do you need? regular, not much, around 2 or 3 hours I guess.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes, not high end games, but I want to get the most out of the money.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
watching movies, an HDMI output could be nice, some autocad and electrical ingineering software.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? more than 320GB , I have lots of music hehe
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Newegg or amazon, and some physical stores, but new ones (and trusted) are always wellcome
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? not blue ray
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Some friends told me that Gateway is a good one, but I don´t know it too much, I´ve read Asus is very good too, and that ones are cheaper than HP or Dell, but, I´m not the expert and I´m open to options!
Also I don´t know if AMD is better than Intel, so any help on that regarding the laptop would be nice!
The HD 6650M is pretty good for gaming. A bit better than the old HD 5650 and a bit below the GT 540M. The Quad-Core N970(2.2GHz) CPU can hold the game performance back a bit in older games even if it is a quad core CPU.