Metal connection broke, need advice on how to fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigboy

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
I took apart my laptop to clean it but in the process I accidentally broke the connection to the power button (along with the rest of the "dashboard" it's part of). Need advice on what would be the best way to reconnect.

neV5u.jpg

Solution
Tried to repair those multiple times. it will be much less frustrating to order a replacement part. to get the solder hot enough to re-flow will melt the ribbon insulator, and even if you can get it to go it will cross-connect , get brittle and otherwise cause you to bend it into a pretzel knot with rage.
bummer. you should be able to goodle the model number and part name and find it somewhere reasonable..

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
Tried to repair those multiple times. it will be much less frustrating to order a replacement part. to get the solder hot enough to re-flow will melt the ribbon insulator, and even if you can get it to go it will cross-connect , get brittle and otherwise cause you to bend it into a pretzel knot with rage.
bummer. you should be able to goodle the model number and part name and find it somewhere reasonable..

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS