Sign in with
Your question

Usb controller doesnt work on pc now

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
May 6, 2011 5:40:54 PM

I bought a xboxcontroller for my asus g73jh. Now after a few days one usb port doesn't work and if I plug anything into my computer shuts down, and sometimes it wont turn back on unless i take the battery out. But I cant plug in the controller into any other usb port, but I could before. And if I plug anything into the other usb ports there is no problem.
a c 204 D Laptop
May 6, 2011 6:42:45 PM

Don't use those ports. They can go bad at times.
m
l
May 6, 2011 6:43:40 PM

Well what am I supposed to do now?
m
l
Related resources
a c 204 D Laptop
May 6, 2011 7:02:15 PM

ThatOnePerson said:
Well what am I supposed to do now?

There is only one dead port? Put tape over it and use the others. If there are more than a few dead ports you can try to reset the BIOS (which sometimes clears things up), otherwise you need to replace the motherboard.
m
l
May 6, 2011 7:40:00 PM

There is only one dead port, but the controller now will only go into that one.
m
l
a c 204 D Laptop
May 6, 2011 7:58:08 PM

What do you mean it will only go into that one? Physically? If that's the case, the connectors are broken, either on the port or on the usb cable, probably both.
m
l
May 6, 2011 9:22:10 PM

Yes, physically. but I think its just the usb cable because everything else will go into the other usb ports just fine.
m
l
a c 204 D Laptop
May 9, 2011 1:33:50 PM

If the cable is broken, get a new device. I guess it would be theoretically possible to buy just a USB cable, and splice the end to your controller if you want to try that.
m
l
!