Treo 650 Charger

March 16, 2005 6:05:54 AM

The charger that came with the 650 is marked switching power supply
input100-240v.

Does this mean its a dual voltage charger that can be used on either a 110
or 220 volt outlet.

More about : treo 650 charger

Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
March 16, 2005 6:42:27 AM

"Norm" <ntaer@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> The charger that came with the 650 is marked switching power supply
> input100-240v.
>
> Does this mean its a dual voltage charger that can be used on either a 110
> or 220 volt outlet.

yes.
--
Aloke
----

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 03:05:54 GMT, Norm wrote:

> The charger that came with the 650 is marked switching power supply
> input100-240v.
>
> Does this mean its a dual voltage charger that can be used on either a 110
> or 220 volt outlet.

Yes, sort of. "switching power supply" doesn't mean that it's
smart enough to recognize the difference between a 110 or 220 volt
input and switch internally to adapt. It usually means that it is a
small, lightweight power supply that replaces the typical large,
inefficient transformer with an electronic circuit (operating at a
fairly high frequency, far higher than 50/60 hz) that's used to
produce the desired output voltage. Although I don't know for sure,
I suspect that it doesn't require an input near to only 110 or 220
volts, but might work equally well at any input voltage between 100
and 240 volts, such as, for example, 175 volts. Assuming you could
find such an odd line voltage. :)
!