Static IP addresses configured in MN-700's DHCP

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

I've just upgraded from an older 802.11b wireless router
to the MN-700.

One thing my old router let me do that was extremly
useful was to configure the router to always give certain
IP addresses to certain MAC address devices, so all the
devices could always stay configured as DHCP, and I would
be able to control their IP address from the admin screen.

Is there any similar mechanism in the MN-700? I'll be
very dissappointed, it seems as though the administration
screens that I've used so far seem much more advanced in
capabiliy than my old router, it would be a shame to be
missing such a basic feature.

joker

That is a little to advanced for the second wireless router released by
Microsoft. Since they announced they are no longer making networking
hardware earlier this year it sounds like they are not going to add any
features to the routers anymore.

Jon wrote:

> I've just upgraded from an older 802.11b wireless router
> to the MN-700.
>
> One thing my old router let me do that was extremly
> useful was to configure the router to always give certain
> IP addresses to certain MAC address devices, so all the
> devices could always stay configured as DHCP, and I would
> be able to control their IP address from the admin screen.
>
> Is there any similar mechanism in the MN-700? I'll be
> very dissappointed, it seems as though the administration
> screens that I've used so far seem much more advanced in
> capabiliy than my old router, it would be a shame to be
> missing such a basic feature.

assistance.

time.