Crisp looking fonts?

blueedge

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003
I seem to remember when win xp came out, one of the new additions was an option to alter the text to make it clearer, which was more aimed for laptops, anyone know how to access it?

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
on my own opppini-on and experien-ce it is not "clerer" in any way, just "thiker", which i personally like not a lot. original font is much more "calmer" for eyes (i used to program, so was looking at "font" for several hours at once, that is why i know that original do not make eyes "bloody" fazzy after a while). but diffirent pplz might like it (especially if you just reading mail for 3 mins and close da thing ;)

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

RaPTuRe

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2001
...lol or if you have one of those high-res notebooks. If the font is to small with clear type off, sometimes the width of say an "l" is just 1 or two pixels, it becomes very, very difficult to read. I definitely prefer Cleartype, In my opinion it is much smoother and rounder than when it is switched off.

RaPTuRe

Who's General Failure and why's he reading my disk?

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i deeply regret, but i do not use XP on none of my machines, win2k does better at what i do, and the sad thing is that i do not know how to get that "rounder" ("smoother"?) stuff going on it (any hint?)

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
use the cleartype settings in Winxp display settings.

<b><font color=purple>
The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind.
</font color=purple></b>
---
<A HREF="http://www.mapua.edu.ph/" target="_new">
MIT
</A>

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
I definitely prefer Cleartype, In my opinion it is much smoother and rounder than when it is switched off.

Some lcd displays like it, some not.

<b><font color=purple>
The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind.
</font color=purple></b>
---
<A HREF="http://www.mapua.edu.ph/" target="_new">
MIT
</A>