Celeron upgrade, Help!

G

I have a 366MHz Celeron processor I want to upgrade. Can i use any processor with a 370 socket? If not, which would be the fastest i can use?<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by THiNKO57 on 09/23/01 02:33 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Read former post in the Motherboard section, the fastest CPU you can support and it's type depends on your motherboard, you didn't even say what kind you have. If your motherboard supports 100MHz FSB you can probably overclock your stock processor to 550MHz. Doing so may require additional voltage and better cooling. Check out the motherboards forum for all the details.

Back to you Tom...

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you havent specified the board you have. if you bought the system in Celeron PPGA 366 days, it probabely will support only PPGA, maybe a BIOS update will let you use an FCPGA processor. if your motherboard does not support FSBs over 100 MHz then all you could get is 100 MHz FSB P-III 850! Celeron has just reached 1 GHz and is still at 100 MHz FSB.

you could use a Powerleap adapter to use FCPGA processors on you board if needed.

girish

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>