Hello everyone. I have evaluated what I need in my next laptop:
1. What is your budget? I do not have a cap.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? around 13-14 inch screen size. I would also like a laptop that doest not have a large border around the screen i.e. i am looking to minimize the overall size of the laptop but maximize screen size.
3. What screen resolution do you want? highest possible and best screen quality. this is one of the most important factors to me and i might just have to compare the top choices in person.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? I have abandoned the prospect o hardcore gaming on this laptop and would rather like something light and efficient.
5. How much battery life do you need? i would like at least 4-5 but more is better
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? not really
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) internet, movies (most likely from the hard drive), music, basic office functions, nothing too intensive.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? I would like at least 100 gigs, and depending upon the performance difference possibly an ssd.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. not a fanboy
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? not necessary, but an extra battery wouldnt hurt if the first doesnt last long enough.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. again not a fanboy. i just want the lightest and faster system that i can buy at this time (or wait if something is coming around the corner in Q3).
13. What country do you live in? United States
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Just as a side note, I was almost certain that I was going to buy a tablet until recently so it should be apparent that raw computing power is not what i need. I'm looking for a small laptop with the best possible display and a fast enough processor to display hd video and play music and surf multiple websites without a problem. Thanks again.
What you seem to want is Sony Vaio Z series. Just wait on the sandybridge refresh. theyre probably the very best 13.3" laptop money can buy, and even have an option for a 1920x1080 resolution screen, which is amazing in a laptop of that size.
Hello and welcome to the forums
If you like Mac OS,then have a look at MBP 13".The only downside of it is it's GPU(which isn't important since you won't be playing games)
But,if you only need a windows laptop,then you have to wait a bit since there are only few(if any) windows laptops with 13" screen and SB CPUs