Sign in with
Your question

How to wake laptop with lid?

Last response: in Windows 7
a b D Laptop
February 2, 2013 6:27:08 AM

hi. i chose "do nothing" when closing the laptop lid. However when i close the lid and it eventually goes to sleep after a while, i cant wake it by just opening the lid. Is there a way to wake the computer by just opening the lid?

thanks!

More about : wake laptop lid

a b $ Windows 7
February 2, 2013 6:42:11 AM

computernewb said:
hi. i chose "do nothing" when closing the laptop lid. However when i close the lid and it eventually goes to sleep after a while, i cant wake it by just opening the lid. Is there a way to wake the computer by just opening the lid?

thanks!

You should be able to go into Advanced Options under Power Options and change the option for what happens when the lid is opened. You might also want to make sure it's set this way for both in AC Adapter and battery. If it doesn't work you may have something going on behind the scenes preventing it from happening correctly.
m
l
a b D Laptop
February 2, 2013 6:48:19 AM

there is only a closing lid option under advanced options. Its odd because if i set the "close lid" to sleep, it will wake when i open the lid. But when have close lid to do nothing, it doesnt wake after it goes to sleep.
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
February 2, 2013 7:35:12 AM

computernewb said:
there is only a closing lid option under advanced options. Its odd because if i set the "close lid" to sleep, it will wake when i open the lid. But when have close lid to do nothing, it doesnt wake after it goes to sleep.

I'm not following you. You told it to ignore the switch. Why do you still expect it to work?
m
l
a b D Laptop
February 2, 2013 7:38:15 AM

unksol said:
I'm not following you. You told it to ignore the switch. Why do you still expect it to work?

i only told it to "do nothing" when closing the lid.. i still want it to wake when i open the lid
m
l
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
February 2, 2013 8:06:37 AM

computernewb said:
i only told it to "do nothing" when closing the lid.. i still want it to wake when i open the lid

Yea.... But that's not how it works. You disabled it
m
l
!