Building my new rig...a few problems

G

I've started to build my new rig today and I have a couple of small problems to deal with:

1)I have an Enlight 7237AZ (340W P/S) and the power LED connector has room for three prongs, while the ECSK7S5A M/B has only a two pronged connection on the board for LED power. How can I get around this and get my LED working?

2)My case comes with an 80mm intake fan in the front and I bought an 80mm Sunon for exhaust out of the back. The fan came with screws but they don't seem to fit through the case chassis. Could anyone help with this? Is some kind of special bracket needed?

That's it for now, all of the major stuff went well.

Thanks,
Logan

G

I am working on the same setup, only I had to get the 300 Watt Power Supply; the 340 was out of stock. I hope its ok.

Anyway, you should have received some two-piece black plastic pegs with the hardware kit for your case. Pull the center pin back, slip the peg thru the back of the case and thru the front of the fan flange, then just press the center pin in. The pegs will expand and hold the fan in place. Pretty slick design. The rear fan should blow out of the case.

I also replaced the front fan with a Sunon to match the rear fan; I don't know if it will make any difference, but I read that it might be a good idea.

I have not received my mother board yet, but I read on Anandtech's board that you can move the pins around in the LED connecter, or just pull them out completly, to fit on the two prongs of the motherboard. Hop over there and do a quick search.

Good Luck,

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
L_gon, use twisty ties or zip ties to attach the case fan to the back, works like a charm!

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~