2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
Doesn't matter i'll be plugged in most of the time
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop?
Yes, the most intensive one will be Starcraft 2. I also want to be able to play future games such as Diablo 3 etc.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop?
AutoCAD, Revit, 3DS Max, similar programs. Lots of rendering, animation, and video editing.
8. How much storage do you need?
As much as possible but I can compromise on this easily.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3+ years, as long as possible
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Nothing specific, although my last laptop was a HP and had a bad experience with it.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I've narrowed down my choices to a few models:
HP dv6 Quad Edition
- 2nd generation Intel(R) Quad Core(TM) i7-2630QM (2.0 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) w/Turbo Boost up to 2.9 GHz
- 1GB GDDR5 Radeon(TM) HD 6770M
- 750GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
- 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Dell XPS 15
- 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M 2GB graphics with Optimus
- 750GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
- 8GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 Memory
Lenovo IdeaPad Y560
Seems like HP is the best deal right now especially with the HD 6770 but i'm not too familiar with the quality between brands. So if anyone has insight on this any help is appreciated.