Micron rumored to buy AMD

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well i was looking on my stock @ yahoo. I'm amazed maybe AMD is dead or in big trouble. Well if this is true then its. MAC vs. PC all over again and im not a MAC person. DIE DIE DIE MAC.

Nice Nvidia and ATi users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Ahaha, very funny Meltdoofus. I doubt Micron will buy AMD, but if they do, if teh processors are still better than Intel's, it's all good. BTW, meltdown, do u work for intel or something?

Your brain: PC
You brain on drugs: Mac

FatBurger

Illustrious
I saw that rumor over at HardOCP, but they didn't have any proof that there was even a rumor going around.
I'd ignore it, at least for now.

<font color=green>In memory of all the Americans that died 9/11/01
Rest in peace</font color=green>

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
You guys are all mixed up I think. The Mac OS is amazing and has been ahead of Windows ever since it came out. Us computer geeks only like Windows because DOS is still there and those lines of boring code make us feel smart.

Anyways I just built a 1.4GHZ AMD system so don't flame me too much....I just get bored of hearing people say they don't like Macs when they probably don't even own one.

like AMD and INTEL we need APPLE and MICROSOFT for good ol competition!

Eric

<i>"I am what I am"</i>

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
The reason I argue that mac isn't good is that although I don't own one, I have used it. I find that the hardware was rather old compared to what one could get with PC's, and also that the OS just pisses me off.

Your brain: PC
You brain on drugs: Mac

FatBurger

Illustrious
Since when is Mac competition for Microsoft? I disagree. Microsoft has enough of a market share that I don't think they really care what anyone else is doing at the moment.

<font color=green>In memory of all the Americans that died 9/11/01
Rest in peace</font color=green>

BunnyStroker

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
The Mac OS is amazing! It <b>never</b> crashes!

...of course, since there are no programs to run on said OS, that point is moot.

Macs suck.

I'd like to steal and adapt a joke from <A HREF="http://www.penny-arcade.com" target="_new">Penny Arcade</A>

Tycho: I've got a PIII with hardware acceleration. It's like a tiny God.
Chuck, the iMac user: Really? Mine's grape!

<b>ßunn¥§troker 0wn§ j00!</b>

zengeos

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2001
This rumor must have been started by someone that hasn't looked at the financials of the two companies.

While Micron has a whole 300 million more in on hand cash, they also posted a horrible loss.. over 500 million for the quarter...which is more than their gross sales for the quarter.

Contrast this with AMD, a company that has a nice amount of cash on hand and much better numbers for the quarter (assuming the 15% decrease in gross sales AMD estimated near the end of August....prior to WTC bombing)

The two companies just don't *fit*

Mark-

When all else fails, throw your computer out the window!!!

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
Do not forget that Bill Gates is the majority owner of Apple. In essence, he owns it.

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

FatBurger

Illustrious
Is he now? Last I heard, he only had a significant amount of stock (a few percent or so). I didn't realize he had the majority of it. Interesting. When did that happen?

And BunnyStroker, as per my conversations with (fairly) open and honest Mac users, Mac OS <font color=red>was</font color=red> the OS that never crashed. Apparently OS X crashes almost as much as Windows :)
Trust Apple to screw up Unix.

<font color=green>I post so you don't have to!
9/11 - RIP</font color=green>

dhlucke

Polypheme
Since when? I know that both companies own fair shares of EACH OTHER, but since when does Microsoft own Apple?

As for the rest of you: For the love of god take a finance course. I can't believe the rumor mills that are running. They are based on absolutely nothing. What next? Is Cisco going out of business as well? Ridiculous.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Ahahah the term meltdoofus is spreading LoL, I love it.

Secondly this is just a rumor, nothing more.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

FatBurger

Illustrious
but since when does Microsoft own Apple?

Bill Gates, not Microsoft. I believe that's what Raystonn meant. There is a difference, though one that might not make much difference.

By the way, I heard that Starbucks is buying Microsoft, is that true?

<font color=green>I post so you don't have to!
9/11 - RIP</font color=green>

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
LOL! I don't mind a bit, I know you're belligerent and frustrated, who wouldn't be, working nights just to make $25 an hour would make anyone pissed.

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

Tom_Smart

Illustrious
hey you must be <A HREF="http://www.aviationhumour.co.uk/general/computer/apple.htm" target="_new">right </A>

Although it has a lot of good ideas, beer doesn't know anything about computers!!!

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Na he just need to get his head out of his ass. If he evers get it out, he going to have to clean the crap off his head. Amdmeltdown you never win. Boy you must smell like crap LOL.

LoveGuRu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001
one more thing, apple is really really a bad buy, money value is low cmpared to PC'es, good or sometimes any hardware/software support is quite hard to come by for MAC ose's.
the mac os works difrently then windows(in a bad way) they spent too mcuh time in graphic interface BS then in the usabilitty of some stuf they put in..

and i just HATE the 1 button mouse!pisses me off..

<font color=green>
*K.I.S.S*
*(k)eep (I)t (S)imple (S)tupid*
</font color=green>