Sign in with
Your question

Best way to set up 2.1

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
February 2, 2013 1:39:29 PM

Just wondering what the best way to set up a 2.1 sound system using 2 3.5mm jacks into the motherboard with realtek drivers is. I'm currently running realtek in a 5.1 setup and using a environment room setting to try and filter the sub-woofer sounds to the sub-woofer. It works ok however it doesn't always seem like the best quality and sometimes seems like the sub isn't synced with the high ends most likely due to the acoustic resonance of the room I'm in. However a way to advance or retard the sub-woofer would probably be able to solve this.
Any thoughts on this matter or a better way of setting this up without having to buy a preamp or is this going to be about the best there is. Also the problem i have is no music is encoded to 2.1 or even 5.1 format so if you play them without the environment sound effect nothing will be played through the sub defeating the point. :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce: 

More about : set

a b $ Windows 7
February 2, 2013 1:47:33 PM

danseaview said:
Just wondering what the best way to set up a 2.1 sound system using 2 3.5mm jacks into the motherboard with realtek drivers is. I'm currently running realtek in a 5.1 setup and using a environment room setting to try and filter the sub-woofer sounds to the sub-woofer. It works ok however it doesn't always seem like the best quality and sometimes seems like the sub isn't synced with the high ends most likely due to the acoustic resonance of the room I'm in. However a way to advance or retard the sub-woofer would probably be able to solve this.
Any thoughts on this matter or a better way of setting this up without having to buy a preamp or is this going to be about the best there is. Also the problem i have is no music is encoded to 2.1 or even 5.1 format so if you play them without the environment sound effect nothing will be played through the sub defeating the point. :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce: 

Why would you be using two (2) 3.5mm jacks for a 2.1 speaker system? Most of them I've ever seen have one going from the satelites (the 2) and then going to the subwoofer (the .1) and then the 3.5mm jack that comes out of the subwoofer goes into the green port on your sound option.

Is this a standard 2.1 speaker set or something different? Can you give us a make/model # of the set so we can take a look at the different options and features?
m
l
!