Cheapest ASUS G53SW-*****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selenarious

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
I've been looking at ASUS G53SW laptops, and it confused the hell out of me how many different sub-types (the ***** in the thread title) there are! @@"

I've seen some such as G53SW-A1, G53SW-SZsomething, G53SW-XR1 etc etc.

As long as it has: i7 2630QM and GT 460M or better, I'm pretty much happy; the RAM and other stuff doesn't really matter to me (as long as it's not below 4GB).

I've looked at sites such as Xoticpc, HIDevolution, and others. All of them seem to only offer the G53SW-A1 customized laptops (~$1550), which I believe is not the cheapest of the G53SW-*****.

I'm looking for only 15'' laptops, it's surprising that for only roughly $150 more (compared to the G53SW-A1) that I can get a Sager8150 (~$1700) which has pretty much the same specs (less RAM and HDD perhaps) but a MUCH better 6970M graphics.

So I'm hoping there is a significantly cheaper G53SW-***** out there somewhere :)

1) Does anyone have any idea where I can get the cheapest G53SW model possible that ALSO has an option to ship internationally (to New Zealand)?

2) I'm thinking about ditching the Sager8150, despite the MUCH better 6970M it has, just because I think it looks nowhere near the awesome look of ASUS G-series :p Is such thinking foolish because of how much better the GPU is? Perhaps someone who has a Sager can tell me that it in fact looks pretty damn good too? Or even better, is there a good-looking Sager?

Thanks in advance! :sol:

1)Not really.I think XoticPC offers the best price(I'm not 100% sure though) and they ship internationally
2)Sager laptops don't usually look fancy,but their build quality is great. 6970M is almost twice as fast as GTX 460M so it's definitely worth it to get the Sager one

Selenarious

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
Well... price-wise, almost ALL the websites offer identical pricing... Xotic, Powernotebooks, HIDevolution and a lot of other websites, even Sager's own website.

BUT so far, the cheapest for shipping by far is HIDevolution, for only $122.25 to send to NZ.

I've asked and emailed all the others, Xoticpc can only do $219.00, Sager's website is ridiculously high (forgot wot it was), Powernotebooks $160.00, other ones I forgot. Of course, these are all for USPS Express International which is the cheapest way possible.

Pretty big difference to me as an international buyer. I really don't understand why Xoticpc can't lower it, it's just shipping and some handling; if they could match HIVevolution, i'd buy it from Xoticpc.

Selenarious

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
Btw, i think u may have misunderstood what i was trying to say. Those websites offer only the ASUS G53SW-A1, I'm looking for other G53SW subtypes that are cheaper. I've heard XN1 (or something) are a hundred bucks cheaper.

Selenarious

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
Oh wait... i do have quite a few friends in the US.... lol i absolutely forgot !

I know about parcel forwarding, but having to do international bank wire transfer TWICE would be a total nightmare, and the fees would be huges.

Status
Not open for further replies.