Sign in with
Your question

Why is there an exlimation park when PCI device is installing. My high def audio

Last response: in Windows 7
February 2, 2013 3:21:22 PM

my sound drivers keep disapering randomly. i uninstall the driver then reboot. and the installation wizard just cant seem to install it. and i notice PCI device appears under device manager but it has an exlimation mark too. windows 7 toshiba satalite LS5006
February 2, 2013 3:33:20 PM

There must be a problem with the pci slot. Reinstall the card in the slot and see that helps.
In the device manager right click and install driver manually. Just point it to the location where you have stored the driver.
m
l
February 2, 2013 3:38:50 PM

its all factory hardware on my lap top. i hate tearing it apart!
m
l
Related resources
February 2, 2013 3:43:13 PM

Reinstall drivers using device manager and see if that helps.
m
l
February 2, 2013 3:44:00 PM

i have tried that countless times. on startup it tries to reinstall but it never does it correctly

m
l
February 2, 2013 3:58:50 PM

Uninstall the driver(only uninstall not reinstall)
Restart the system
Go to device manager
Right chick on th device with exclamation mark
Click on properties
Go to driver tab
Install driver
Browse my computer for drive software
Point device manager to the location where you store the driver
Click next
m
l
February 2, 2013 4:36:48 PM

there is no install option, only update. when i update from a specific folder it says its up to date.
m
l
February 2, 2013 4:52:20 PM

ratfinx said:
there is no install option, only update. when i update from a specific folder it says its up to date.

You have to uninstall the driver first.
m
l
February 2, 2013 9:30:41 PM

it automatically installs it at startup

m
l
February 3, 2013 3:06:03 AM

Try to uninstall the driver from device manager itself, if that doesnot help install a uninstaller like I o bit uninstaller and uninstall the driver using that software
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 3, 2013 3:15:38 AM

ratfinx said:
it automatically installs it at startup

Uninstall it like previously mentioned and then reboot and do the following:
1) When the Add New Hardware wizard comes up, click Cancel (It should come up if you removed the drivers completely - be sure that you remove all the software associated with it too from Add/Remove Programs)
2) Go to Device Manager, right click on the driver with the conflict (the one with the yellow exclamation mark) and choose Update.
3) You should be able to direct it to the correct driver file at this point.

If that doesn't work you may be dealing with some OS corruption or possibly even a form of malware that is over-riding your control of the computer itself.

Also be sure you're using the audio driver direct from Toshiba, found HERE .
m
l
!