Sign in with
Your question

Please Help! BSoD, and I just can't figure it out!

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
February 2, 2013 4:05:34 PM

I am at the end of my rope here, and have nowhere else to turn for help, so maybe, just maybe, someone on here can give me some advice. I build a computer for Christmas. Specs are as follows: MOBO: ASRock 970 Extreme4 CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition at 3.3GHz & no Overclocking CPU COOLER: Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 with 92mm PWM Fan RAM: 16GB (4 x 4GB) Crucial Ballistix PC12800 1600Mhz VIDEO CARDS: Nvidia Branded GTX 550Ti & Zotac Branded GTX 550Ti running in sli with no overclocking HDD: Seagate Pipeline HD .2 500GB PSU: Kingwin ABT-850MM 850-watt sli/crossfire ready OS: Windows 7 Home Premium. I have reinstalled my OS serveral different times, updated everything, made sure I have the latest drivers for everyone of my components, tried checking my ram one stick at a time, tried using some ram that is known good, and ran memtest Uninstalled and reinstalled the video cards, and tried checking the video cards one at a time. Checked all my connections to make sure they are secure. Ran an SFC Scan, tried using the Windows 7 disk to do a system repair. I can not think of anything else to do to try and fix the problem. I was told to download a program called, "WhoCrashed," and post the results on another forum, and I did. I will also post the results here at the end of this post. I also have my Minidump files available for download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?jdltdrnbvj7lct5,z5b13k2pnpve7...

Also, the results from the WhoCrashed Analysis are as follows:

On Sat 2/2/2013 4:31:45 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\020213-27268-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x12A3B)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA800E728028, 0xB6454000, 0x175)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Sorry this post is so long, but any and all information and advice would be very greatly appreciated, because I am at the end of my rope with this computer. Thanks in advance, and God Bless.

More about : bsod figure

February 2, 2013 4:17:34 PM

Sounds like hard drive to me
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 2, 2013 4:27:07 PM

before doing anything, power down, pull plug from wall, reset cmos ( see booklet ) or remove battery for a little bit. then replace the battery or return the jumper to it's original position. reboot. what happens?

you could try plug the HD into a different SATA port on the mobo.

every, and I mean every set of Crucial Ballistix memory I ever purchased has always had, at one time or another, 1 bad stick. try running with 1 stick. if that doesn't work pull that and replace with another. if that doesn't work try a different slot and do the same again.

try with 1 video card. if it still crashes pull that one and try the other for a while. if that fails try the other pci-e slot and do the same again.
m
l
February 2, 2013 5:12:32 PM

I have cleared the CMOS several times, and I have also tried running just one video card at a time, and in both of my PCIe slots. I have ran memtest, and it came back with no errors after 8 hours, so I was assuming that the RAM was good, but I will either try running my RAM one stick at a time, or I will replace it completely with some known good ram and see what happens. It is just kind of strange that I can use the computer for hours to surf the web, watch videos, etc etc., and it takes literally hours to BSoD, and then the next time I use it, it will BSoD after 5 minutes of doing nothing at all, and continually BSoD until I get frustrated with it and just turn it off. One thing is certain though, and that is the PC will BSoD EVERY SINGLE TIME that I play a game. Sometimes I can play AC3 for an hour or more without BSoD, and then again, sometimes I can't get past the first loading screen without a BSoD. I will try doing the ram, and post the results afterwards. Any other suggestions from ANYONE would be greatly appreciated in the mean time. Thanks for the response.
m
l
!