Sign in with
Your question

What risks are there on wiping a Windows 7 Laptop

Last response: in Windows 7
February 2, 2013 8:29:08 PM

I'm want to wipe my laptop because simply its come with lots of junk and programs that i dont need plus when i bought the computer it came with at least 200gb of data that i will never even look at. But when i do this will i wipe all of my drivers and have to reinstall them again, and will it cause any damage to anything to my drive.
p.s. i'll probaly be using some software that will wipe everything on the pc multiple times to make sure everything's wiped
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
February 2, 2013 8:36:01 PM

mojo333 said:
I'm want to wipe my laptop because simply its come with lots of junk and programs that i dont need plus when i bought the computer it came with at least 200gb of data that i will never even look at. But when i do this will i wipe all of my drivers and have to reinstall them again, and will it cause any damage to anything to my drive.
p.s. i'll probaly be using some software that will wipe everything on the pc multiple times to make sure everything's wiped

most laptops..nope a clean wipe wont hurt you as long as you have all the drivers from the vendor web page on a usb/cd and ready to go. some toshiba models the older ones have tech info on how to install windows 7 clean image..there may be a few work around for those older laptops. if you have the room on your laptop hard drive or desktop..look into making a slipstream windows 7 installer usb stick that has windows 7 sp1 installed for you and your laptop drivers.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/145343-slipstream-...
Related resources
!