New computer with Windows7 on SSD, installed old drive in new computer as slave

Pqstraub

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
Hello, my name is Paulette
Can you tell me how to move my favorites files to the new user accounts on my new ssd drive? I copied the favorite file I wanted to transfer then went to users and the user name I want to paste it to won't show up. My name is set up as an accountadmin, so I got on my name and clicked on computer, found users and seen my name but not my husbands, which is the favorites I had copied and wanted to move. I even got on on his name but when I got to favorites and right clicked there was nothing to paste. Can anyone help. Windows 7 on new ssd, Windows Vista on old harddrive now set up as slave.

Solution
Can you tell me how to move my favorites files to the new user accounts on my new ssd drive? I copied the favorite file I wanted to transfer then went to users and the user name I want to paste it to won't show up. My name is set up as an accountadmin, so I got on my name and clicked on computer, found users and seen my name but not my husbands, which is the favorites I had copied and wanted to move. I even got on on his name but when I got to favorites and right clicked there was nothing to paste. Can anyone help. Windows 7 on new ssd, Windows Vista on old harddrive now set up as slave.
you dont paste the internet favorites you have to import the file...

Pqstraub

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013

you dont paste the internet favorites you have to import the file.
http://browsers.about.com/od/internetexplorertutorials/ss/ie7favorites.htm
one the second page image where the guy clicks add to fav. under it is the import and export line.click on import and then have ie look for the file where you saved it on the new ssd.

Solution
Are you talking about the internet explorer favorites? Start IE / File / import/export / from file. Select the favorites file on the vista disk here. The favorites file of the running windows is a system file and can not be updated or at least no that easy.