HSF & CPU parting company pic

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
just an ammusing pic i found while hunting for HSF reviews. looked cute, but bear in mind it IS an orb. poor clip design

<A HREF="http://www.hardwareqa.com/article_view.cfm?article=49" target="_new">http://www.hardwareqa.com/article_view.cfm?article=49</A>

Religious wars are 2 groups of people fighting over who has the best imaginary friend.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
lol yes...does it really matter?
what its ment to show is
A. how much the clip mechanism on the orbs SUCK
and
B. how u can do it wrong.

incidentially... see where the orb is hanging? well BELOW the agp card level. if he had an agp card in there there would have been a fair chance it would be CACTUS by now. scratched, or damaged certainly.

im suprised more heatsink manufacturers dont use the screw down method like on the MC 462.
sure its more complex, but from what ive read its ALOT more foolproof and much less likely to crush the core. equal pressure applied by 4 spring mounted screws.

Religious wars are 2 groups of people fighting over who has the best imaginary friend.

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
well if heat sinks didn't fall off then CPU and video card sales would go down. Do you think companies want that?

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
LOL true.... and your post just made me realise a few things...

cpu cooler falling off and hitting the graphics card = bump mapping

cpu cooler falling off and hitting the graphics card = fast cpu to agp transfer

;)

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yeah, that's a p3 and if it were a tburnt that accident would not only cost you a videocard but the cpu.

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
it wasnt on.
besides, only morons dont check the securednes of a HS before turning it on, as he did. lol obvious it wasnt too secure

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
mmmm
that orb pictured is very light, and pretty small, no tallet than 8cm. there is ONE decent orb around, dragon orb maybe... its tall, multicoloured with a big copper insert. but most orbs are CRAP... only useful for maybe northbridge cooling

FatBurger

Illustrious
I was just thinking that Orbs are designed for Socket A, but Socket A and 370 use the same HSFs, so never mind.

<font color=green>I post so you don't have to!
9/11 - RIP</font color=green>