I need to format my laptop But missing the CD to format

TheguysMike

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
I have ASUS K53E BBR7 and I am trying to format my laptop because i seem to be missing some services and I cant seem to download it back. its not partitioned but when I partitioned it I cant put windows 7 on it so now I'm basically stuck with a laptop that has no internet access, messed up partitioned hard drive, unable to format ,and i think 2 windows 7 on the same partition of the hard drive

Does it not have a factory restore partition on the computer? Not all do which is why I'm asking. It would appear that this particular machine does indeed have that option unless it was removed when Windows 7 was installed.

TheguysMike

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013

Well when I first got it, it did not have a factory restore partition but it does have a "system reserved" but theres only 100MB on it

That's a pretty good indication it's toast.

Did the computer ship with Windows 7 or 8 and which product key is on the bottom? This will be a key determining factor as to what happens next.

If it's 7 and the key is legitimate, which most are from manufacturers as they are OEM, then you can go to Digital River, found HERE , just be sure to choose which version you are running and the correct kernel type.

Do understand that this is not an attempt to help you pirate as the ISOs found there do require a valid product key to function.

I would recommend going back and taking that out of your post. Too many potential pirates around.

If you had a valid key, which you do, you can go to Digital River on a separate computer and download and burn the ISO of which version you have and use your key during the install. With it being a OEM, it should work fine.

TheguysMike

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013

so after i download the the ISO what do i do with it? I'm not much of a computer guy so I'm gonna need help with this

Based on what you said was going on, it's probably best to reinstall the OS onto the computer and start over. You should be able to get all the drivers you need for after the reinstall on Asus's support site for your computer.

OS Reinstall Guide: HERE
Drivers and Applications Page: HERE

The tutorial above should walk you through each step (which is actually very easy)

A backup is definitely helpful if there is information on the computer you do not want to lose entirely.

As for the Recovery Disk, is it from a program that ASUS loaded onto the computer? It should be something along the lines of eRecovery or something like that (I forget with all the manufacturers).

If that option is there, take it. That will create a factory default image that will take the computer to just like you pulled it out of the box (which is almost always the easier option because of drivers, etc.)

If not, then all you need to do is burn the .ISO file you downloaded from Digital River using a free burning program.

I'm including a couple of important links below to help you along:
Free Burning Options
Free ISO Burner
The Official ImgBurn Website

How To Burn an ISO Image File to a DVD, CD, or BD

TheguysMike

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013

I was able to reinstall windows 7 onto my laptop but there was a couple things strange when it started up. For starters, when it started i couldn't get the resolution back to normal the default resolution was 1366x768 but now the most i can go up to is 1074x768, also i cant cant to seem to get an internet connection even i connect it to a modem for a direct connection.

dons20

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013

Simply put, you need to install the drivers for the laptop.
The drivers are necessary for the hardware to properly communicate with the Operating System (Windows 7).

Go to this page: Asus K53E Drivers, choose your OS and the version of it as well (important) and download them and install. Based on your symptoms you will need to download and install the VGA and LAN drivers. It's a easy menu to navigate, just choose, download and install.

Additionally, you may want to download most or all of the drivers on that page to update the ones that you currently have. It will ensure you have proper system stability for future use. It can solve any weird problems you may face in the future.

If you have any problems then post them.

Right click on My Computer, choose Manage. When the window comes up click on Device Manager. Tell us what is listed under Other Devices.

I'm going to create a list of the drivers you need to install and the order they should be done in.

It may take me a few minutes but will update this posting with it when I'm finished :)

UPDATE:

Intel INF Update Driver - Chipset
Realtek Audio Driver - Audio

Intel Graphics Driver (v8.15.10.2462) - VGA
nVidia Graphics Driver - VGA
NOTE: You only will need to install one of these, not both. If the Intel does not detect the gpu, try the nVidia driver.

Athros LAN Driver - LAN
ASUS Wireless Switch (Wireless Console3) Utility - Utilities
Alcor Multi-Card Reader Driver (v1.8.17.26026) (2nd one listed) - Card Reader
USB3.0 Driver (v1.6.3.0) - USB
Elantech Touchpad Driver (v8.0.5.3) - Touchpad
Wireless - (We will need the rest of the model # for the computer in order to determine which wireless card is in this machine)
Webcam - Follow the instructions HERE first to determine the PID code of the camera and then to download the correct driver for it.

TheguysMike

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013

where would i find the model #? is it MB ver.: K53E ID:1B

TheguysMike

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013

So I can connect to the internet with an ethernet but my wireless doesnt seem to be working

dons20

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
Have you installed your wireless drivers as yet?? Without the proper drivers for YOUR laptop and the EXACT OS, you won't be able to use the wireless. You need to go to that downnload page and get the Wifi drivers ok? Once the correct's OS' driver is installed and you restart then it hould work then.

TheguysMike

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013

I have installed my drivers but it still couldn't connect I have tried multiple different drivers as well but they all didn't seem to work. Which wireless driver should I get for my type of laptop its an ASUS K53E-BBR7

dons20

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
I need to know though, can you access the internet at all on the laptop? Also the link I will give you below has many different Wireless drivers. If you want to save yourself the hassle of downloading and trying each one, then follow the steps i'll list here:

1) Go on the download page below
2) Choose your OS (should be Windows 7 64-bit so that your 4 Gigs of RAM can actually be used)
3)Click on Utilities
4)Download and install "ASUS Live Update Utility"

This will tell you which drivers on your system need to be updated. Once it tells you, then you can go back onto the download page and download the correct drivers for your system.

Ok here is the link to the drivers that will work for your laptop. DRIVERS FOR ASUS K53E-BBR7

All you need to do is choose the Operating System from that drop-down box, (Windows 7 64-bit I assume you have?) and download the wi-fi drivers. [strike]I think I had given you the wrong drivers initially but this is the correct link.[/strike]

These have to work on a good OS. Try it and let me know.

TheguysMike

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013

umm which brand of drivers would i download? intel or azurewave?

dons20

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013

It would be impossible for me to know. Most likely Intel but you should try both.

Let me know what is the result.