How to install diablo ii on windows 7

negaarda

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Hello,
I am trying to install Diablo 2 on my Windows 7 64bit system and I am getting an error at the end of the installation process that says: Setup was unable to create the following directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\save
I have looked into this a lot and have been told to create the directory myself, How do I do this without it adding another Diablo II folder in the directory? Example: if i create C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\save, it will end up being: C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\save\Diablo II, Adding the Diablo II file folder at the end of the directory. It is still having the same error. Is this the correct way of installing?
Please help, I have spent at least 8 hours trying to figure out how to get this game loaded on my system and am at a loss.
Thanks,
Adam

negaarda

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Tried that, and still have the same error with it trying to create the save directory...any other tips? I would really like to play Diablo 2.

Is there a way I can start my computer up in a different mode just for when I install and want to play that game?
Let me know please...

Thanks,
Adam.

pikachusbutt

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
to install D2 with w7 64bit i install it in the regular program files C:\Program Files\Diablo II not C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II. Then after updating you right click on both diablo II.exe and game.exe and change the compatibility to xp sp3.

Jean Krugell

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
Are you using a downloaded version of the game or the game disks? If you are using a downloaded version and you are getting your cd key online, try a different one. I had the same problem and solved it using a different key.