XPS Laptop

My DVD+RW burner is called;
HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GCA-404ON

Can someone tell the the brand name. I want to install Roxio Easy
Creator 7, but need to know that the burner is accepted by Roxio.

Joan
7 answers Last reply
More about laptop

    "Joan Hansen" <user@my.net> wrote in message
    > My DVD+RW burner is called;
    > HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GCA-404ON
    >
    > Can someone tell the the brand name. I want to install Roxio Easy Creator
    > 7, but need to know that the burner is accepted by Roxio.
    >
    > Joan

    I believe it is a Hitachi-Lucky Goldstar Drive (HL...)

    Stew

    Stew, thanks for the quick reply

    Joan

    S.Lewis wrote:

    > "Joan Hansen" <user@my.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>My DVD+RW burner is called;
    >>HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GCA-404ON
    >>
    >>Can someone tell the the brand name. I want to install Roxio Easy Creator
    >>7, but need to know that the burner is accepted by Roxio.
    >>
    >>Joan
    >>

    > I believe it is a Hitachi-Lucky Goldstar Drive (HL...)
    >

    > Stew

    In article <orM2d.25433$ni.19575@okepread01>, user@my.net (Joan Hansen)
    says...
    > My DVD+RW burner is called;
    > HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GCA-404ON
    >
    > Can someone tell the the brand name. I want to install Roxio Easy
    > Creator 7, but need to know that the burner is accepted by Roxio.

    Go to Control Panel->System->Device Manager->DVD Drives

    It should give you the brand name and model number of your drive.

    --
    http://home.teleport.com/~larryc

    Larry thanks, but I did that and the info below was the only think it
    gave me. I installed Roxio 7 and had no problems works great.

    Joan
    Larry Caldwell wrote:
    > In article <orM2d.25433$ni.19575@okepread01>, user@my.net (Joan Hansen)
    > says...
    >
    >>My DVD+RW burner is called;
    >>HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GCA-404ON
    >>
    >>Can someone tell the the brand name. I want to install Roxio Easy
    >>Creator 7, but need to know that the burner is accepted by Roxio.
    >

    > Go to Control Panel->System->Device Manager->DVD Drives
    >
    > It should give you the brand name and model number of your drive.

    Joan is correct.

    Lucky bought Goldstar; both are Korean firms. Hitachi and Lucky-Goldstar
    created a joint venture for sharing their respective technologies to produce
    recordable CD drives. I understand that the joint venture is now over and
    the respective companies are producing their own drives.

    To find out of your CD drive is supported by Roxio software, ask Roxio.
    --
    Ted Zieglar

    "Joan Hansen" <user@my.net> wrote in message
    > My DVD+RW burner is called;
    > HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GCA-404ON
    >
    > Can someone tell the the brand name. I want to install Roxio Easy
    > Creator 7, but need to know that the burner is accepted by Roxio.
    >
    > Joan

    > >>My DVD+RW burner is called;
    > >>HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GCA-404ON
    > >>
    > >>Can someone tell the the brand name. I want to install Roxio Easy
    > >>Creator 7, but need to know that the burner is accepted by Roxio.

    FYI, it's an LG

    Thanks Marcel, and the Roxio Creator 7 works perfectly. :-)

    Joan

    Marcel wrote:

    > FYI, it's an LG

Dell Laptops XPS Burner Computers