Sony DW-R56A and Datawrite DVD+R

I have a Dell Inspiron 9100 (3.4 GHz) with an 8xDVD-RW (Sony DW-R56A).

Does anyone know if this is a fussy DVD+RW drive ? It can use Bulkpaq
& Memorex +RW, but the drive doesn't even seem to detect a DataWrite
8x Classic DVD+R. I've tried looking for a firmware upgrade (and no ,
Dell don't have one), but if I search on google for the DW-R56A (and
I've tried various combinations of that) I get few hits, and in
addition I cannot find it listed at the various Sony support sites.

I'll probably get backto Dell on this,but I'm curious if anyone else
has had this problem with any other brand of DVD+R

Steve

Grant

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004

"Steve G" <sg@carnasserie.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have a Dell Inspiron 9100 (3.4 GHz) with an 8xDVD-RW (Sony DW-R56A).
>
> Does anyone know if this is a fussy DVD+RW drive ? It can use Bulkpaq
> & Memorex +RW, but the drive doesn't even seem to detect a DataWrite
> 8x Classic DVD+R. I've tried looking for a firmware upgrade (and no ,
> Dell don't have one), but if I search on google for the DW-R56A (and
> I've tried various combinations of that) I get few hits, and in
> addition I cannot find it listed at the various Sony support sites.
>
> I'll probably get backto Dell on this,but I'm curious if anyone else
> has had this problem with any other brand of DVD+R
>
> Steve

TRENDING THREADS