Platform for palm and pocket

March 18, 2005 8:45:01 AM

A costumer of use wants a programm for palm OS and pocketPC.
We develop our programms at the time only for pocketPC with embedded c++

Is there anyone who can recommended tools for the cross development palm/pocketPC?
- same source only another --compiler option--

I need infos to Tools, compiler, experience ...

Haissel

More about : platform palm pocket

Anonymous
March 18, 2005 1:17:50 PM

In article <2ade4a66.0503180545.408182fb@posting.google.com>, Haissel wrote:
> A costumer of use wants a programm for palm OS and pocketPC.
> We develop our programms at the time only for pocketPC with embedded c++
>
> Is there anyone who can recommended tools for the cross development
> palm/pocketPC? - same source only another --compiler option--

That's difficult. The two are *very* different internally. But there are
a few ways; I'd consider looking into Java with SuperWaba or Kada:

http://www.superwaba.com.br/
http://www.kadasystems.com/

There's also PocketC, which might be closer to what you're used to:

http://www.orbworks.com/

All of these require a runtime library, though.

--

Sincerely,

Ray Ingles (313) 227-2317
Free Stereogram!
Try to make the two "O"s in the next row look like three:
O O
n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n
f f f f f f f f f f f f f f
e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e
a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
r r r r r r r r r r r r r r
r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r
March 18, 2005 6:30:00 PM

On 18 Mar 2005 10:17:50 -0500, Ray Ingles wrote:

> Free Stereogram!
> Try to make the two "O"s in the next row look like three:
> O O
> n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n
> f f f f f f f f f f f f f f
> e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e
> a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
> a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
> r r r r r r r r r r r r r r
> r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r

Neat! The first look-see had the "far"s nearer, but it only took
a few seconds to flip them to the intended positions.
March 18, 2005 6:30:01 PM

Huh - I can only see the near's far and the far's near - can't seem to
flip them.

BillB wrote:
> On 18 Mar 2005 10:17:50 -0500, Ray Ingles wrote:
>

>> Free Stereogram!
>> Try to make the two "O"s in the next row look like three:
>> O O
>> n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n
>> f f f f f f f f f f f f f f
>> e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e
>> a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
>> a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
>> r r r r r r r r r r r r r r
>> r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r
>

> Neat! The first look-see had the "far"s nearer, but it only took
> a few seconds to flip them to the intended positions.

March 18, 2005 10:10:21 PM

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:25:02 -0500, James Pittman wrote:

> Huh - I can only see the near's far and the far's near -
> can't seem to flip them.

You're crossing your eyes, as if you were focusing on a point
between the screen and your eyes. You have to do the opposite to
see it as intended. Try to look at an object well behind the screen
(while remaining focused on the screen, of course). I learned to do
this as a kid looking at WWII era stereo pictures, as it was much
easier than putting each picture in the viewer.
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 2:22:25 AM

http://www.satelliteforms.net/

Brian