Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Gateway nv53 remote

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
May 17, 2011 4:55:17 AM

Does the NV53 laptop have a remote control? If not, is there one that's compatible? Thanks, tom.

More about : gateway nv53 remote

a c 572 D Laptop
May 17, 2011 4:47:36 PM

Hello tjbv;

What do you want to do with a remote control?
m
l
May 18, 2011 10:11:36 PM

Hi WR2,

Only one thing: use its subtitle on/off function. I watch a lot of foreign DVDs on my laptop, and making the menus "fix" at "subtitles On" frequently fails. (This is particularly true on Criterion Collection discs.) The menus usually recommend using a remote.

Thanks for asking--
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 572 D Laptop
May 19, 2011 12:00:46 AM

I think the type of remote mentioned would be the TV/multi-device remote or a dedicated DVD player's remote control. There have been some laptops with remote controls included. A few HP entertainment laptops come to mind. But nothing for Asus.

I didn't see any remote controls in the Asus accessories listings:
http://www.asus.com/Peripherals_Accessories/
May 19, 2011 2:28:48 AM

WR2 said:
I think the type of remote mentioned would be the TV/multi-device remote or a dedicated DVD player's remote control. There have been some laptops with remote controls included. A few HP entertainment laptops come to mind. But nothing for Asus.

I didn't see any remote controls in the Asus accessories listings:
http://www.asus.com/Peripherals_Accessories/

Thanks, WR2! I'll see if a universal remote will key to my laptop--

Tom
m
l
a c 572 D Laptop
May 19, 2011 5:44:48 AM

It won't - not without some extra parts & software.
The laptop won't have the infrared or radio receiver (and software) necessary to work with a remote
m
l
May 19, 2011 8:13:34 AM

I remember once seeing "cones" for radio receivers that connected to older tvs or those in difficult locations. Would those do? Thanks--
m
l
May 26, 2011 12:49:49 AM

Best answer selected by tjbv.
m
l
!